Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7l wiring harness and 2.0l harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
So the PO told me that he installed a 76 2.0l wiring harness in the 72 that purchased from him. He said if I put the 1.7l back in the 72 that I would have to change out the entire car wiring harness? Is this right or do I just install the engine wiring harness that goes with the 72 1.7l? it has the 2.0l in it right now and its a 72.
Mike Bellis
There are some differences between 76 and 72 but it's the engine harness you need to match to the FI system.

The 76 has EGR wiring and a mileage counter in the passenger foot well.
JeffBowlsby
Either chassis harness will be fine with either engine. I agree with Mike...the fuel injection harness needs to be matched to the engine - and the ignition harness too.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 12 2013, 10:05 PM) *

Either chassis harness will be fine with either engine. I agree with Mike...the fuel injection harness needs to be matched to the engine - and the ignition harness too.

that was my take on it as well. I couldn't think why the entire vehicle wiring chassis would matter. but the engine wiring harness and specific engine computer makes LOTS of sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.