Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat belt reel mount location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Does anyone have a good photo of where the seat belt reel should mount in a 1975? Mine are on the floor behind seat and they stop seat from moving back. I remember them being mounted higher up on the pillar?

Sorry about pic quality.
euro911
They mount on the far ends of firewall, just below the rear window. You'll need to remove the back pad to install them. Once the back pad is off, you'll see the 'wells' the 'reels' mount in.

The threaded holes in the B pillars are for the 'hoops' the belts runs through so the belts run across your shoulders

The threaded holes in the longs near the back of the seats are where the other end of the belts secure.

Looked for some pix, this is all I could find quickly

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 12 2013, 10:07 PM) *

They mount on the far ends of firewall, just below the rear window. You'll need to remove the back pad to install them. Once the back pad is off, you'll see the 'wells' the 'reels' mount in.

The threaded holes in the B pillars are for the 'hoops' the belts runs through so the belts run across your shoulders

The threaded holes in the longs near the back of the seats are where the other end of the belts secure.

Looked for some pix, this is all I could find quickly

Click to view attachment

Wow! Thanks so much. I knew that was the case but I just could not confirm it. I think someone just took a number of short cuts on this car. If you could not tell from the picture, this was a very unsafe condition. Thanks for the response.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.