Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random ?s and a WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob L.
I am trying to finish up the wiring for my 2.0 swap and can't figure out where the oil temp lead goes. I have gone over the diagrams and there are some items labeled "Temp sensor" or just "sensor" I don't know which one is the oil temp. Can someone please clue me in?

In the process of studying I came up with another question.

Click to view attachment

I see some #s repeat on other locations/wires. So, is there a legend for these #s?

Next up,
This is my oil tower.
Click to view attachment
None of the Vacuum hoses in my "kit" fits the stem sticking up. I assume there is an adapter or something. I need one of those. Which segues nicely into the WTB portion of the post.

WTB:
-whatever that adapter is for the oil tower vacuum hose.

-Air cleaner bracket. it mounts to the intake runners and the air cleaner clips to it. It's for a '76 2.0. if relevant.

-a decent stacked vacuum connector. I got a repop but it barely holds on.

Any insight is appreciated
Please contact me if you have these items.

Thanks.
Bob
Mike Bellis
The numbers on the schematic are terminal numbers. Look at the headlight switch and each terminal is numbered. The numbers are mostly constant. So from device to device terminal 85 has the same function as an example. 85 is the 12+ switched side of a relay. 30 is power to a device (or common terminal). 86 is a relay ground trigger. 87 is the switched output of a relay (normally open). 87a is same but normally closed. S1 is usually a momentary ground trigger.

On your drawing the 30 on the ground refers to a location not power.
SLITS
The numbers correspond to a legend on the factory wiring diagrams. You apparently bought the colorized version from the eBay seller. Each number (mostly) identifies the part whereas the parts are labeled on your drawing.

On your oil fill, it appears the assembly is from an L-Jet 1.8L. That connector on other engines is a PCV valve and is smaller in diameter with a reed valve or spring loaded disc type valve to limit the vacuum to avoid sucking flying oil out of the crankcase.

The air cleaner bracket assembly is the same for all 2.0L from '73 to the finish.

Unless someone is quicker, I'll try to shoot some images and post them later today.
Bob L.
Thanks guys. That's, all good info. I wasn't referring specifically to the ones circled, I was referring to the numbers in general. On the devices and on the wires.

I have another oil tower from the bus 1.8 motor I pulled out. Can I use that instead? It has the "valve".

And what about the oil temp lead? Does that just go to a gauge or indicator light?
914werke
While Ron is usually spot on with his info in this case he is mistaken.
This oil fill tower is correct for your 76.
There definitely is a different Air box on late (75-76) / EGR equipped cars.
There should be a hose that clamps there and connect to a similarly sized port on the correct air box, front Drvrs. side.
The PVC set up was on 73-74 cars only.
Ive so far been unable to find the correct size cloth vacuum hose for that connection.
rex66m
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 14 2013, 10:21 PM) *

While Ron is usually spot on with his info in this case he is mistaken.
This oil fill tower is correct for your 76.
There definitely is a different Air box on late (75-76) / EGR equipped cars.
There should be a hose that clamps there and connect to a similarly sized port on the correct air box, front Drvrs. side.
The PVC set up was on 73-74 cars only.
Ive so far been unable to find the correct size cloth vacuum hose for that connection.

Yep, you are correct. I have it to...and have been unable to locate a cloth covered hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.