Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Newfoundland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Anyone going to Targa Newfoundland? It is on my bucket list of things to do. Those of you unfamiliar with it I suggest you google it. One year a guy put his expensive Ferrari in the ocean!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

SirAndy
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 13 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Anyone going to Targa Newfoundland? .. I suggest you google it. ...

I suggest you do a search here ..
biggrin.gif

PS: Because there are several threads about it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 13 2013, 07:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 13 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Anyone going to Targa Newfoundland? .. I suggest you google it. ...

I suggest you do a search here ..
biggrin.gif

PS: Because there are several threads about it.

Sometimes search here doesn't give me what I want, so I'll search on google with one keywords being "914world".
Works everytime. first.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 13 2013, 06:07 PM) *

Anyone going to Targa Newfoundland? It is on my bucket list of things to do. Those of you unfamiliar with it I suggest you google it. One year a guy put his expensive Ferrari in the ocean!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

And our own Naro914 went endo over a bridge! blink.gif
naro914
Hey, if your going to bring that up, get it right. It was AFTER we skidded on the bridge, and went off into a ditch did we flip... sad.gif

Targa is the single most amazing event we've ever done. I did it 4 years...2 as a navigator in a 911, and two with Huey as a driver and my wife Nadine as a navigator (ok, really only one and a day, but who's counting).

Details of our 2007 "adventure" and videos are here: www.naroescapemotorsports.com
jfort
I have been thinking about doing Targa Newfoundland this year. One problem I would need to figure out is the insurance requirement. Right now, I have only collector car insurance. I'm sure it would be what Targa requires.
Ian Stott
The reason for my orginal inquiry was to see if anybody participating would be coming through Moncton, other than flying you kinda hafta come thru Moncton, so I was going to offer to meet for lunch, or supper, or a beer, or at least tell me when you would be coming thru and I will park on the Trans Canada Highway and give you an encouraging wave when you blow by!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Porschef
A friend did it in his 914 in 2011. Said it was bucket worthy.
naro914
If we could come up with the money and time...we would do it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.