Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
highbinder400
my 1970 914-4 oem brake master cyl has 2 electic ial attachments,,, replacement has only one elect connection ...what do i connect to what ??/ gary sad.gif sad.gif
914Sixer
Two things, use the old one off you master cylinder. Make sure you swap the O ring from the new one to the old sender. Or you can simply wrap the end of the brown wire with tape and wrap it back. Plug the other wire in and you are ready to go.
rick 918-S
I met Gary the other day. He stopped over to Area51Werks. (my garage) assimilate.gif He mentioned he owned his 1970 914 since like 1972. He stated he went to replace the master cylinder and discovered a 20mm master cylinder. He swears this is the original part. Anyone ever seen a 20mm master cylinder as an original part? I told him it should have had a 17mm.

Oh, BTW Gary: welcome.png
914Sixer
I remember at one point people were using larger Mercedes Benz master cylinders. Not sure if this is one of them but that would be my best guess.
rudedude
I met Gary last weekend at porsche swap meet and saw that 20mm cylinder also. I couldn't believe he lived up north that long and hadn't met Rick. I'm glad you 2 finally got together, its always nice to know another enthusiast.
bdstone914
Are you sure it was a 20mm and not just a 20 stamped on the bottom? If so post some pictures.
rick 918-S
I asked Gary to post a photo here but he is not technical. His eyes kind of glazed over when we started talking about computers. Maybe I can go over to his place with my camera.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.