Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber and Seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I just purchased a 1975. As expected for a car this age, most of the boby gaskets and seals are in bad shape. I have looked at 914rubber but I was wondering if there are any other sources for the buying that I should consider.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 13 2013, 08:30 PM) *

I just purchased a 1975. As expected for a car this age, most of the boby gaskets and seals are in bad shape. I have looked at 914rubber but I was wondering if there are any other sources for the buying that I should consider.

I would buy with confidence from 914rubber... biggrin.gif
messix
ya, send "mikey914" a private message with what your looking for.

he's been making some really good quality stuff and at a very reasonable price too!

and on top of that he's been expanding what he's producing as far as new items.
luskesq
I agree with the above and have purchased a number of items from 914Rubber. Mark or "Mikey" produces good product, reasonably priced and delivery is timely. He goes out of the way to keep you happy. No affiliation by the way.

Keith
messix
one more thing....

please go and check out the "vendor" part of the forum.

there are many vendors that are commercial producers, but almost all are "back yard hobby" business's that make very high quality items that have been not produced for us by the reproduction markets, and those products that have been made by the big commercial business's at times have been some what unaffordable and sporadic in production.

so please keep in mind... you can not expect amazon.com like ordering and shipping and that the guys and gals are doing this and holding full time jobs like you at the same time.
NJ914Guy
Mikey at 914Rubber is the best.
Black22
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Mblizzard
Thanks everyone. That is the conclusion I came to also. It is just that it seemed so right that I thought I may have missed something. On to 914rubber.
ripper911
Or AutoAtlanta. poke.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 14 2013, 07:01 AM) *

Thanks everyone. That is the conclusion I came to also. It is just that it seemed so right that I thought I may have missed something. On to 914rubber.

Mark at 914Rubber sells more than just rubber for our teeners. I have purchased many products from Mark and have been completely satisfied. I have also purchased rubber products from Auto Atlanta and Automotion for some OEM products too.
gunny
914Rubber is my 1st stop for everything. If he has the part I'm looking for I stop looking. He has the top of the line quality at the best prices. first.gif
walterolin
Agree with the comments above. Start with Mikey. Check the vendors site. AA has some difficult to find parts such as the "dog bones" for the early bumpers. For other things watch A&P Girl's group buys (the headlight hardware package was especially nice), Tangerine Racing, Eric Shea for brakes. I rebuilt my calipers myself because I wanted to see what was inside the rears, but it wasn't worth the effort compared to his prices - and Eric has them plated for you.
billh1963
Don't discount AA too quickly.

Some reproduction seals are different from factory style seal. The AA windshield seal has the metal reinforcing strip while others do not.

The AA side marker seals are like the original factory one piece grooved seals while others offer a 2 piece seal.

I'm not saying one is beter than the other...just make sure you know what you want and what you are getting!

JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 14 2013, 09:37 AM) *

Don't discount AA too quickly.

Some reproduction seals are different from factory style seal. The AA windshield seal has the metal reinforcing strip while others do not.

The AA side marker seals are like the original factory one piece grooved seals while others offer a 2 piece seal.

I'm not saying one is beter than the other...just make sure you know what you want and what you are getting!

agree.gif
boogie_man
QUOTE(Black22 @ Feb 13 2013, 09:46 PM) *

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Mikey is very good at going the distance to get you what you need.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.