Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh.....swell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Got done packing up my "stuff" for the AX.
Finally, a dry day.

NOT.
Here comes a big black cloud, rain, hail, frogs and a swarm of locust....other than that, it don't look too bad. blink.gif

I'm off, regardless. Good thing I didn't bother to wash ulf.
J P Stein
Effin' rain.
I wuz mediocre.
I had one decent run on a mostly wet track but picked off 2 cones. Still learnt nothin' about the handling that I didn't already know.

It *looks* like it's gonna be dry today.....hope springs infernal.

Chuck laid down one good pass. We had no competition in the class....staying home would have been smart. I ain't doin' no mo
slosh-o-cross....ever.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 18 2003, 09:07 AM)
Effin' rain.........staying home would have been smart. I ain't doin' no mo
slosh-o-cross....ever.

JP,
Don't blame you. A little damp pavement from a storm system passing thru is one thing. But running around in wet sneakers and sittin' in your car waiting for your turn with the windows fogged over just plain sucks.

Hope you have some good weather.
rhodyguy
it could be worse jp. a tornado could pick up your car in say oklahoma and deposit it at an ax in nebraska.

kevin
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 18 2003, 11:14 AM)
it could be worse jp. a tornado could pick up your car in say oklahoma and deposit it at an ax in nebraska.
kevin

If that would happen, we would not DNF him. And as long as he didn't hit a cone in Nebraska, we would give JP another run. laugh.gif
jdogg
Just got home from an east coast version of "slosh-a-cross"! Sucks hanging around all day in the rain, but evidently I have some feel for driving in the wet, came home with third place honors in class!!!! Didn't see how far out of first I was, but couldn' t have been too far!!
I think I may heed JPs wisdom and skip the next wet event, I am just now getting over the shivers (cold+wet=bad day!) Plus it was a 1.5 hour drive to the event anyway, in the rain and with no heat!!!
joesfly
I think I've heard that before" No more slosh o' cross" I bet Chuck talked you into it. unsure.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(jdogg @ May 18 2003, 07:54 PM)
Just got home from an east coast version of "slosh-a-cross"! Sucks hanging around all day in the rain, but evidently I have some feel for driving in the wet, came home with third place honors in class!!!!

If you're fast on a wet course, it's usually because you're a smooth driver. Little mistakes are forgiven on dry pavement, but heavily penalized in the wet. Ask me how I know. unsure.gif

I became a Porsche addict watching a very smooth driver in a 912 with a salvage yard 911 engine walk away from a slew of big Corvettes in the rain.

Having said that, autocrossing in the rain still sucks. Maybe racing wheel to wheel over an extended time would be more fun.
J P Stein
A dry day.
Chuck was slow and I was slower.
The car was netural. The drivers were somnambulistic. I'm gonna retire from AX...for 2 weeks. biggrin.gif
jdogg
JP, I had to consult Mr Webster on your choice of words. Nicely done.

somnambulism : a sleep or somnolent state in which motor acts (as walking) are performed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.