Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 73 2.0 in Bay Area Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Kaduku
This is not mine and I have no connection with the seller. I may look at it this weekend. Look at the links, I really like those 70s Rally badges on the dash.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3613498188.html
JawjaPorsche
Badge is way too high. Still a nice Teener!
Mike Bellis
Price is too high...
Cairo94507
Nice car and I agree re the badge being too high.
Kaduku
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 14 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Price is too high...

That's the reason I am passing on it. He actually had it at 15 grand last month. I spoke to him recently and he said the price was firm, so basically no negotiations at all.

Whatever happened to wheeling and dealing? You now, you post a high selling price then you get offers then counter offers.

I didn't care much for black anyway, because it is so hard to maintain and it shows imperfections so easily.
bembry
Wasn't this one sold in a prior transaction a year or two ago?
Ottoman
This car was for sale last year at this time on this board by a very nice elderly lady who owned the car since 1977. She could no longer drive the car because of her health. I was in the process of buying the car when my daughter took ill and had to have emergency surgery. The car was for sale at $7000. I am still bitter over the fact that I lost the car. Ursula the former owner would be disappointed (probably distraught) to know that the car was being shopped around like this because she cared a great deal for the car and wanted a genuine 914 enthusiast to take care of the car. Dear old 'pearlie mae' was the car's name.
EdwardBlume
I remember this car. High miles right?
Ottoman
The car had 384,383 miles, as advertised by the original owner.
jela5958
What, it sold for $7K or less not one year ago and the purchaser now wants nothing less than $15K. confused24.gif From a look at the photos the owner has posted on Excellence magazine http://www.excellence-mag.com/classifieds/11507 it appears to be a $12K - $14K Condition 3 car, but that presumes that the body & paint are truly flawless, the engine has good compression, brakes have 5+ mm of pad life left, the clutch isn't due for replacement in the 5k - 10k miles, the exchangers are still good ... ummm, what else. Is it just me or do the photos on Excellence show a dash cap? shades.gif
Kaduku
When I spoke to the seller he said the body did have some dings. He had also dropped the price to 14, 500 and said that was firm too.

Thank goodness I did not buy this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.