Hello there,

A little background. I have 3 914s already and bought this car to swap out the transmission with my current project.

I think this car is savable, but time / money consuming. My first inclination was to part it, after getting the transmission. My second inclination was to look for a shell to swap pieces. My final thought was to build an octissirie and go to town following some of the great threads here for replacing metal bits.

Now, I'm thinking I have way too many projects and need to free up some driveway space...

The PO purchased this car to restore / AutoX. He swapped the engine / trans from his daily driver with this yellow one, as it was a rebuilt 2070. Supposedly setup by Blackforest Racing when they were still in South Florida. Was definitely and AutoX car wtih very stiff suspension, minimal interior, glass bumpers/rockers, etc.

Whats included:
- All glass
- Very nice doors
- Excellent hood
- Rough rear deck, engine lid
- Avg. panels, I don't see accident damage, but have some holes
- Solid 1.7 with FI
- Rough / stripped interior (No backpad, missing some trim)
- Very stiff suspension (stiffest I have seen - my guess would be oversize torsion bars, springs, sways f/r and sport/race shocks).
- Fiberglass Bumpers / Rockers - Avg condition - No cracks, need paint

Whats NOT included:
- Transmission
- Mahles - have new tires I would like to keep, but I have 10 other mahles + steel wheels, so they are an option.

The Bad Stuff:
- Back half of floor pans are gone
- Rear trunk is pretty shot
- Rust in both jack points
- Holes in pass long
- Under battery tray looks to have been repaired

Is it savable?

Yes, the front clip is solid. The door gap on the pass side is tight, but it is not cracking in half yet.

Should you save it?

If you have the time and welding experience, along with a burning desire to have a 73 914..

I will have the engine / trans out of the car, but will include the engine.

I'm looking for $1500.

Feel free to call / respond,
Ron

863-734-9256
Central Florida