Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a little help on stuck oil pump 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adiokyro
hi--searched around a bit, and checked my wilson book, I am tearing down my 2 liter on the stand (first ever engine tear down), Im to the point where I need to pull the oil pump, I removed the four nuts, but it will not budge, not even a little!! I have: used wilson's idea of prying two screwdrivers at once, used the back of a hammer, banged it to death with a rubber mallet, cursed at it loudly, more cursing. and nothing. I mean not even a slight inkling of movement at the mounting surfaces-----any ideas?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(adiokyro @ Feb 14 2013, 12:58 PM) *

hi--searched around a bit, and checked my wilson book, I am tearing down my 2 liter on the stand (first ever engine tear down), Im to the point where I need to pull the oil pump, I removed the four nuts, but it will not budge, not even a little!! I have: used wilson's idea of prying two screwdrivers at once, used the back of a hammer, banged it to death with a rubber mallet, cursed at it loudly, more cursing. and nothing. I mean not even a slight inkling of movement at the mounting surfaces-----any ideas?

You probably missed a case nut. There is one near the oil pump.
mrbubblehead
yup loosen the case nuts around the pump....
adiokyro
Thanks! I <3 914world.
Valy
Loosen the case nuts and be careful with the screwdrivers on the tabs as you might brake something eventually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.