Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NY tranny clinic in June
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr Evil
"I have someone that is trying to organize a trans clinic in NY the weekend of June 22nd. Anyone here interested? Canada is happening the weekend before, pay for one and get two smile.gif"

Update 6/18/13:
This is a go, June 22-23 at injunmort's place in Chester, NY 10918 (PM for address if you dont have it)

Cost - $300 per builder, 18 and under is free, cost covers as many boxes as you want to/can build in the two days. Stainless nuts and washers are included as are gloves, rags, and cleaner.

Spectators are free

I will have good used parts available for purchase, you can also purchase new from me if you need to. Seal kits are $40ea from me and I will deliver them.

Paypal is welcome, please pay fees, send to make my 914 go at yahoo dot com, no spaces.

I can do check as well smile.gif PM for address.

Currently paid:
Scotti + used slider
injunmort + seals + used slider
Morts wife + seals
Flippa + seals x 2
Beech4rd + seals
Porchef + seals
Jon (912 guy) + seals

Start time is 9am
jersey914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2013, 04:39 PM) *

I have someone that is trying to organize a trans clinic in NY the weekend of June 22nd. Anyone here interested? Canada is happening the weekend before, pay for one and get two smile.gif

How far upstate are you talking about? I don't like to let my teener stray too far from the nest. She could stand a little bit of work smoothing out the shift into 2nd. I suspect when the PO shortened up the shift pattern it screwed up the scyncro. It would be nice to learn how to fix it myself.
Dr Evil
60 miles North of NYC in the Poughkeepsie area.
injunmort
I am definitely in, right in my backyard
914itis
I'm in for that one.
tod914
Hope I can. I'll know better when we get closer to the date.
Luke M
Darn it.... How about one in the Western NY area in the future ??
carr914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2013, 04:51 PM) *

60 miles North of NYC in the Poughkeepsie area.

That's not Upstate!
flippa
I would be interested in going. That would be a much closer drive than Mark's place.
Dr Evil
If you want western NY, you might as well just drive to my place. I live south of Pittsburgh.
rmital
I'm in
carr914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2013, 09:31 PM) *

If you want western NY, you might as well just drive to my place. I live south of Pittsburgh.

My Bad, I thought you were still near Hershey
rmital
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 14 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Hope I can. I'll know better when we get closer to the date.

Todd, pretty sure I drove you there to pick up that silver 914 you bought a few years ago?? Clinton country......???
injunmort
I can offer anybody accomodations if that helps
tod914
Ray that was Chappaqua. Paul the seller, pointed out where they lived when we did the test drive. Very nice area. This is across Thruway from New Paltz. Probally less than an hour from you. A couple of C&Cs going on this weekend. I might try to make one.
beech4rd
I'm in. An hour's drive away.

Chris
Dr Evil
Alright gents, this is a GO! If you are a serious builder, PM me for payment details. Seal kits can be bought on your own or bought from me for $40. smile.gif
Dr Evil
I need a count, soon, as I am limited by the venue. So far he feels he can only handle 6-7 people and he may already have that number. So, if you are serious, and/or have a local place to this that has the ability to support more than 7 people, let me know.
flippa
Count me in if there is space!
injunmort
I can accommodate more than 7. have 3 open bays 1.5 car lengths long if that helps.
Dr Evil
That does help, where are you located? I am trying to coordinate between two boards for this and it is a PITA smile.gif If we can meet at one place that is bigger, then we can get as many done as want to come.
rmital
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 17 2013, 11:35 AM) *

That does help, where are you located? I am trying to coordinate between two boards for this and it is a PITA smile.gif If we can meet at one place that is bigger, then we can get as many done as want to come.

...mort's place is huge....see in the background; that's like half the area.
not that I'm trying to promote you on this one Mort, but you garage/work area just begs for a get-together. Not to mention your on the side of a mountain without neighbors to piss off with the usual 914 shinanagins. (sp.?)
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Alright, I have a PM into Mort. As soon as I get the details I will start collecting funds.
Dr Evil
Bueller?
injunmort
I did pm you back, I am in chester ny 10918 if that helps. about 45 min south west of pok on the other side of the river.
Dr Evil
No idea why I never got it, but since you are in I can start setting it up smile.gif PM me the actual address for me to send to paying customers and spectators. Did you get my PM about your cost, or lack there of?
Dr Evil
Details and updates to be placed in post one.
injunmort
I did not will pm you address and particulars
Dr Evil
Go it! Thanks for hosting, Mort! smiley_notworthy.gif
Dr Evil
Scotti has paid!
Kraftwerk
I am interested in this. Need some more details..
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Feb 22 2013, 12:45 AM) *

Care to ask what you need to know? I am not clairvoyant smile.gif
jersey914
QUOTE(Scotti @ Feb 22 2013, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Feb 22 2013, 12:45 AM) *

Here is the short version. Sign up. Bring your transmission to Mort's. tear it down and rebuild it with the expert supervision of Mike. Meet the other 914 guys and have a good time drunk.gif

PS HOw is gold dust doing driving.gif

I assume its ok if there is a car attached to it?
Dr Evil
Not if you expect to drop it, rebuild it, and reinstall it?
jersey914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 22 2013, 09:13 PM) *

Not if you expect to drop it, rebuild it, and reinstall it?

Bummer, i'm not capable of removing myself. I am a wannabe mechanic but just dont have the capability to remove it. I thought this event was the whole banana. My bad! I really wish i had the benefit of having more 914 peeps in the SJ area..

sad.gif
Dr Evil
The big issue is that it takes time to remove and reinstall and the exhaust is the bad part. Lots of potential that we have an issue.

Ask for help before the clinic. I bet you can get it.
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif

So far, only two in. Sup? confused24.gif
Kraftwerk
An opportunity for me to re-build my trans! ( I have an extra which out of the car. Maybe I will drop mine and bring both? One for parts... Do I need to bring a table? is there a list of tools to bring?
I have never done anything like this... I am not sure either trans even needs re-building, but lets face it, one at least probably does, right?
Both are tail shift. Is there an option to change to side shift at this time? Do I need to track down a SS case? I already have the s/s rod / engine bracket as. (Can one even change a tail shifter case to side shifter I forget... ) Also I would be interested in flipping the gears ,deviating from stock? Can I get some advice on that before hand so I can arrive prepared? So many questions! Anyway sounds like a fun time.

ps Hey Scott,
The "Gold Brick" is great, (well looks sweet sitting there) I have the gas tank out - going install new s/s lines pretty soon & maybe move the pump to the front.
Dr Evil
Maybe I will drop mine and bring both?
Yes, bring both. I guarantee that you will benefit from opening it up. Bring two and make at least one good one.

Do I need to bring a table?
If you can, it doesnt hurt.

Is there a list of tools to bring?
Regular tools. I bring anything special.

Is there an option to change to side shift at this time?
Absolutely. This is not a problem if you have the internal parts. I can sell them to you if you need. You will need:
- Internal shift rods
- Side shift console
- tail cone (optional)

Do I need to track down a SS case?
Nope

Also I would be interested in flipping the gears ,deviating from stock? Can I get some advice on that before hand so I can arrive prepared?
Yes. Gear swaps are easy and can happen at the clinic.

Kraftwerk
Thanks Doc. This is is sounding real good. I am probably IN just have to re-ask what does the tranny weigh? I think its about 60 lbs. Right? I JUST had hip surgery last week so I SHOULD be up to speed by June.. Just going to check with my OTHER Doctor to see if it is okay to lug one or two of these around in 4 months .. fun times.

I was up at Morts place once, he was bringing a 914 back from the dead, he seemed like a very experienced guy and perfect host.
mepstein
72lbs
Dr Evil
78lbs
914itis
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 23 2013, 06:49 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

So far, only two in. Sup? confused24.gif

I really don't want to miss this, but I have an obligation that may get in the way and I will not know until the day before. I hope I will be able to get a spot then. Otherwise if I am clear and no spot, I will be a spectator.
Dr Evil
Keep in contact, Paul.
914itis
I will Doc,

The news is My wife is Due on the 16th, hopping to have my first baby girl. if She delivers on the 16th, chances are I will be there.
Dr Evil
Congrats, Paul smile.gif The 16th is my birthday thumb3d.gif
brant
I'm visiting my inlaws... in the area... at around the same time...

no tools with me though...

anyone have a decent core box they want to sell for the clinic at a decent price?

It might be a good escape from the in-laws after a full week of visitation..... but I can't thing that shipping a core is worth it.

brant
914itis
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 28 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Congrats, Paul smile.gif The 16th is my birthday thumb3d.gif

Thanks idea.gif
injunmort
brant, I have an extra tailshifter box here. let me know if you want it and I will pull it from the car it is stored in. plenty of tools as well.
brant
That is an awesome offer..
I'm going to finalize with my wife this weekend
hope to figure out the exact dates of our tickets and see if this can work in as a "vacation" away from the vacation!

thanks everyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.