Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Discovered British Car Junk Yark in Mid-Mich.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All,
During business travels today I spied an interesting junk yard of British sports cars, & not a Porsche insight confused24.gif If you like British Sports Cars it's lots of "eye candy". laugh.gif lol-2.gif Also a TVR Vixen S-2 and much more British junk.

Interesting stuff was outside & inside the bldg. with a few project sport cars FS along with a few Honda motorcycles. One was a 30-year Honda CB-650 gem with only 5,739 orig. miles FS @ $2,500 bucks. Another Honda 750 about the same year/price with auto something they told me. If you give me the secrete hand shake I'll tell you more about the cylces, Dr.Evil. rolleyes.gif

Enjoy the photo's.

Tom
TJB/914
Garold, get back to you later today with info.

More photo's. Sorry no Porsche content.
The Sprite under constr. looks good & has a parts car FS @ $1K or BO (no pic). The best deal FS is a 1974 TR-6 with a rebuilt motor, upgraded suspension and a good body for $2,500 (good project car). Lots of stuff FS and lots of British eye candy. Too bad it's all British. happy11.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Few more.

T
billh1963
I'm liking that TR4
billh1963
British cars rock!

IPB Image
worn
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 15 2013, 08:25 AM) *

British cars rock!

IPB Image

Where did you find that pic?
worn
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 15 2013, 07:12 AM) *

The Sprite under constr. looks good & has a parts car FS @ $1K or BO (no pic). The best deal FS is a 1974 TR-6 with a rebuilt motor, upgraded suspension and a good body for $2,500 (good project car). Lots of stuff FS and lots of British eye candy. Too bad it's all British. happy11.gif

Tom

Would the TR6 in question be the one with the white front wheel, rust colored drivers front wing, and snow on the hood?
TJB/914
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 15 2013, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 15 2013, 07:12 AM) *

Tom

Would the TR6 in question be the one with the white front wheel, rust colored drivers front wing, and snow on the hood?

Worn,
The TR-6 mentioned was inside/dry/dusty/etc. tucked away behind others and the first one I looked at. I didn't take a pic at that time, but after we talked he took me to the back room where all the pics were taken. The TR-6 looked to be a good project reasonably priced @ $2,500 He wants to sell it now & when the weather warms up the price will go up. If interested email me & I'll give you a #.
BTW: I thought the best deal was the Honda CB-650 cycle with orig. miles!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Tom
tjbliznik@ameritech.net
billh1963
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 15 2013, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 15 2013, 08:25 AM) *

British cars rock!

IPB Image

Where did you find that pic?

From one of my LBC sites
KELTY360
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 15 2013, 07:42 AM) *

I'm liking that TR4

agree.gif My first car was a TR4 w/wire wheels like that one. Sure was fun hanging the rear out on turns. Hate seeing it out like that with no top.

BTW, what's all that white stuff on the ground? confused24.gif
billh1963
Here's one of my LBC's (California original blue plate with hardtop and overdrive). The "TR6" stickers were installed incorrectly...that has been corrected since these pictures.:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
my wife hates my car
Tom, just curious, where abouts in mid-mich is that? Flint or saginaw? It's obviously next to the UPS terminal.... idea.gif That trailer full of cut up stuff looks like one of my loads of 914's headin' to Rifkin steel in saginaw. Hank
eitnurg
Can we get the VIN of this Magnette? Guy I know keeps a register, he's up to 800.

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I have no skin in the game, just eyeballs looking at strange things alongside the road. Keep me out of the game.

Secrete handshake w/info blink.gif blink.gif beer.gif
British Repair Services, LTD
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Tony @ (810) 348-4261
brs_limited@yahoo.com

T
Dr Evil
The bike is too new for me wink.gif

Cool score on the parts hoard.
wingnut86
Watch out Bill, remember you need a wooden hull to finish "Chitty-Chitty" before you go out and buy another tub beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.