Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Porsche Swap & Car Display 3/3/13 Anaheim, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
From: http://www.porsche356registry.org/356talk/3/32112.html

" The All-Porsche Swap & Car Display will again be held on the day after the Lit Meet on Sunday, March 3rd at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. It’s located at 1340 South Sanderson, Anaheim, CA 92806. This will be our fourth year here and the site is working well. See http://www.thephoenixclub.com/ for details on this German American Club.

Event sponsor, the 356 Club of Southern California will have indoor vendor displays in the FestHalle with 11,500 feet under one roof! Outdoors, we have about 2 acres of room for more vendors, swappers and large grass soccer field for car corrals. Parking has been an issue as this event has grown, but we have solved that problem and we’ll have plenty of parking available to Porsche nuts within 50 meters of the main entrance.

This event will take us back to a simpler time in a very unique setting; to a time when the Internet was not your primary source for used Porsche parts; a time when the local Southern California Porsche owner's gathered each winter to swap, fender fondle, see old friends and appreciate the breed. There will be vendors dedicated to our Porsche hobby and plenty of swap space will be available. If you have a car for sale, bring it and put a sign and information sheet in the window and sell it.

Each car coming in for Porsche display parking will make a donation of $20, so pile as many of your friends in the car as you can! The gates open to the Porsche parking on the grounds of the Phoenix Club at 8 AM. Seeing all the Porsche's parked there will be incredible! The walk-in gate will be open at 8:00 AM and admission will be $10

. Breakfast and lunch with a German flavor will be available from open to close. Be sure you stop by the Bierstube to finish off the day. For those wanting to stay in the area of the Phoenix Club on Saturday night, we suggest the AYRES HOTEL ANAHEIM, 2550 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806 (714) 634-2106.

Swappers will make a $40 donation per space taken on a first come first served basis at the gate on the morning of the event. Indoor vendor space also be available for $80 donation per space taken, but must be reserved by February 15h, 2013. For Vendor display information and reservations, contact Bob Lee at Robert.b.lee@cox.net or 619-518-8645. Swapper and vendors will be able to come in and begin set up at 6 AM. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (http://www.cff.org/).

So, we'll look forward to seeing you and your Porsche Sunday, March 3rd, 2013. Bring whatever money you have leftover from the Literature Meet, your Porsche, Porsche friends and join us for a celebration of Porsche! Breakfast and lunch will be available, so plan to spend the day soaking in the glory that is Porsche. Watch for updates and for information; contact Jeff Trask at NO911NV@aol.com or 949-697-4499 or Pete McNulty at pmcnulty98@aol.com or 949-400-9319. Let us know how you want to be involved! "
MoveQik
Looking forward to it!
Eric_Shea
We'll be in the tent with our car and a table. See you there!
jim_hoyland
Who's displaying at the Swapmeet ?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2013, 08:09 AM) *

I'll be displaying my rugged good looks and knowledge of useless information. happy11.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2013, 09:09 AM) *

I will be. FERG.gif
biosurfer1
Don't quite understand charging for general admission to the buyer...something about being charged to spend money seems crazy to me. Charge the sellers sure, but buyers???
SLITS
It's a Porsche (Real Porsche) Event. You really expect it to be free to walk in? av-943.gif

Glenn & I will be there with really expensive rusty shit to sell.
biosurfer1
Good point:)
pete000
I am bringing some parts to sell and swap..

This is a great show ! One of the few real swap meets left !

first.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:25 PM) *

first.gif

Wait.....? I thought the G&R had PCA recognition?

I will wear my NARP shirt.

SLITS
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 15 2013, 09:41 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:25 PM) *

first.gif

Wait.....? I thought the G&R had PCA recognition?

I will wear my NARP shirt.

True, we do .... but since we don't charge for swap spaces or entry, we cannot be classified as a "real swap meet". We don't have gold chains, whine, cheese or cupholders, but we do have shitty attitudes.

Secondly, we only serve good ol' AmeriKan fatty foods at a cheap price which makes the crap taste all that much better.

I guess we need to change to become one of the "In crowd". av-943.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 15 2013, 07:28 AM) *

There goes the neighborhood ................................
JoeSharp
There will be a Team NARP Bar-B-Q on Saturday after the Lit Show. See the thread here.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=204264
bdstone914
Me.
Been replating a bunch of parts.
Can bring special part on request.
Bruce
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif coming up next weekend March 3rd
Steve
Thanks Jim!! I will be there, but not with my car this time. it's still apart all over the garage.
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif coming up this Sunday
KaptKaos
Gonna try to get there. Just got home from 12 hours of Jr. High School Academic Decathlon competition for my kid. And we have a packed schedule tomorrow. UGH!!!

Anyone have a cheap, but decent, 1.7/1.8 muffler. My current one is rattling inside something fierce.
Socalandy
I got a preview today and will be there in the morning drooley.gif
pete000
My SUV is loaded to the top with stuff. See you there... aktion035.gif
euro911
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 2 2013, 07:27 PM) *
... Anyone have a cheap, but decent, 1.7/1.8 muffler. My current one is rattling inside something fierce.
I have a couple of them, Joe. Take your pick.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 3 2013, 02:20 AM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 2 2013, 07:27 PM) *
... Anyone have a cheap, but decent, 1.7/1.8 muffler. My current one is rattling inside something fierce.
I have a couple of them, Joe. Take your pick.

Good Morning Sir Mark!
It's me Noel (who came late last night at Joe's house! I'm sad I cannot go to this swap meet. It should me my 1st time also to attend but there is a lot of activity in our church today. If you can share some photos, I would be thankful for that!

Enjoy and God Bless!

Noel
KaptKaos
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 3 2013, 09:17 AM) *

Good Morning Sir Mark!

Wait... Mark's been Knighted?? splat.gif

Why wasn't I invited the ceremony? Good to know you can carry arms dispense justice now. Cool!
914_teener
All in all a nice show. I showed up a little late...had family commitments but saw friends from here and then a couple of new folks.

It was interesting....a lot of interest with the two -6's that were there......we may have finally been accepted.

Not!

A few pics:

All the same color....911, 912-and the vaunted -6 914's

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914_teener

Ran over the limit........

Teeners:

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Great show!!! drooley.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
MoveQik
There were some amazing cars there. Great pics of the 914's so I won't repost the same. biggrin.gif

Here were some of my favorites after the 914's:

MoveQik
More
MoveQik
A few more
VegasRacer
It was worth the trip.
monkeyboy
Nice pictures!
reharvey
Thanks for the photos!
johnpierre
wow those were great...
wish i could of been there. jp

forget poster heaven, that was a little slice of porsche heaven. the 14's looked incredible...
Eric_Shea
Found some pics that Lil' Erc took:

In the LA sun for the first time. Loves the sea level air:
IPB Image

LAX Hilton Lit Show:
IPB Image

Jerry Seinfeld showed up in a very well sorted longhood:
IPB Image

Mark Taylor trying to find a way to steal my car! mad.gif
IPB Image

Our booth in Anaheim:
IPB Image

It was great to meet all of the 914World gang that came by to say hi!
bulitt
The chrome static displays look great Erc!
dfelz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2013, 05:43 PM) *

It was great to meet all of the 914World gang that came by to say hi!

Eric, your looks AMAZING pray.gif I loved it, and it was wonderful to finally shake your hand and thank you for all you have done to help me and all the others in the 914 community! We really appreciate it, and it does not go unnoticed.

Would love to see a DIY on how to convert the gas tank to be filled through the front trunk lid, I really want to add that feature to my teener and yours looked really good!!
Eric_Shea
Thanks David,

I'll try to put together a how to on that. I get a lot of questions about that mod. The basics are as follows: Vintage bug cap (with a 100mm fin) and filler neck (these can be purchased new now for short money). Remove 914 filler and cut everything off the round mounting base that attaches to the tank. Weld the 914 mounting base to the bottom of the bug filler. JB Weld the dog bowl to the bug/100 filler. Trim the tank seam so the dog bowl fits. Powdercoat. Bolt on and enjoy.

The only problem with being driven on the street is the absence of the expansion/overflow tank. If the car is filled up and you do some aggressive corners (not that you would ever do that in a 914), you can lose some fuel via the dog bowl and vent tube. Even though it vents out under the car, you "will" know it's there.
mrbubblehead
i wonder how i missed this thread? confused24.gif erics car was definitely my favorite car. eric could you repaint it in olympic blue so i can get an idea of how my car might look? av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Mar 10 2013, 08:20 AM) *

i wonder how i missed this thread? confused24.gif erics car was definitely my favorite car. eric could you repaint it in olympic blue so i can get an idea of how my car might look? av-943.gif

Here's a couple more pics of Eric's terrific restoration smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dfelz
Thanks Eric, ya a picture-filled how to on this would be awesome, cause when i do a search for bug filler neck i am not finding what i think you used, found the gas cap you are speaking of though!

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 10 2013, 07:57 AM) *

Thanks David,

I'll try to put together a how to on that. I get a lot of questions about that mod. The basics are as follows: Vintage bug cap (with a 100mm fin) and filler neck (these can be purchased new now for short money). Remove 914 filler and cut everything off the round mounting base that attaches to the tank. Weld the 914 mounting base to the bottom of the bug filler. JB Weld the dog bowl to the bug/100 filler. Trim the tank seam so the dog bowl fits. Powdercoat. Bolt on and enjoy.

The only problem with being driven on the street is the absence of the expansion/overflow tank. If the car is filled up and you do some aggressive corners (not that you would ever do that in a 914), you can lose some fuel via the dog bowl and vent tube. Even though it vents out under the car, you "will" know it's there.

oldschool
headbang.gif missed it..I was working up in Portland...Click to view attachment
mrbubblehead
pure california boy. still in his shorts.... beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 15 2013, 07:28 AM) *

Hey Eric....I won't miss you next Phoenix show.
I got around the show a little bit and I dont know how
we didn't meet.
Lots of really cool people, customers I haven't seen in decades and beautiful Porsches.
Your gt is a 10.
Marty
jim_hoyland
Another terrific -six that I had not seen since the 2005 WCC

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Next time Marty.

Maybe another show in SoCal this fall? German AutoFest is gone right?

I need to figure out what's going on the second 1/2 of the year. Hershey in April and Traverse City in June.
Maltese Falcon
Eric, the German Autofest aka the Ventura Show, lost its mission statement.
The new owners were not much on promoting it.
Vanished
Maltese Falcon
Joe Sharp, Marty, Steve Faddis and James Patrick.
What a great group!Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.