Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Front Stablizer Support Bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Just wanted to let everybody know these are still available from Porsche. Drill your holes, position and weld.
toolguy
IIRC -I always thought they weld on the inside under the gas tank. . the matching [less threaded lugs] bushing holder sandwiches the fender between them. . .
They really need to be welded securely, not spot welded. . . Using a 19 mm sway bar, I ripped the factory ones out and tore the fender sheet metal in one season of time trials on 2 different 914's and one 911. . .
914Sixer
Can some one take a picture of showing the mounting of these from the factory?
sixnotfour
Outside from the factory..
914werke
You dont even need to remove the tank. smile.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 28 2013, 10:44 PM) *

You dont even need to remove the tank. smile.gif

Grinding, welding, gas tank...uhm yeah. wacko.gif
mr914
How much did the dealer charge?

The local dealers want $210 for a pair of wheel bearings for a 4.... bs.gif
Niklas
There is pricelist in porsche.de. Check under classic.

They o
They cost in germany 13.15 Euro

Niklas
ChrisFoley
Welding the oem reinforcements on the outside is fine for a factory bar on a street car with relatively narrow tires.
For competition cars and modified street cars a heavier duty plate should be welded on the inside so the inner fender is sandwiched between the reinforcement and the support bracket.
The reinforcements I've been making for many years have the same tri-oval shape as oem but the nuts are more securely welded to a heavier gauge plate. They should be 100% perimeter welded or stress cracks will eventually propagate from the ends of the welds.
I've raced for years using a 1 1/4" anti-sway bar without any cracks occurring in the chassis, My bar has more than twice the stiffness of a 22mm solid bar.
I've seen the factory reinforcements torn out of cars with less anti-sway bar and less tire than my car.
914Sixer
Cost from Porsche was $17 each. They are special order, save a ton of freight and let them come in on the container. I use Hennessey Porsche in Roswell, GA.
CMONNETT
Why not use your local dealer, Porsche of San Antonio? They're just down IH-10 from you. You would save on freight.
mr914
Interesting... Did a google search and came up with some funky results

6 pages of.

Buy xxx xxx xxx at 944-parts.com

Same type of listing and web page with the following web links

Used-944parts.com
914parts.com
Partsfor944.com
914used.com
914part.com
porsche-993-parts.com
911-wheel.com
porsche-912-parts.com

All pages are the same crappy design that says "search for part #xxx xxx xxx

Guess what? All links lead to automobile Atlanta

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.