Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race car progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
These are a couple of weeks old. I have been trying to finish a street 2056 for another car I am restoring and I got started on the turbo motor for my street car last weekend.

This is one of the floor pan. I removed the seat mounts from the floor, as well as the parking brake brackets, all the wiring tabs, dash mounts, and misc. brackets and tabs. 3lbs of rusty metal gone.
Brett W
Look what I found in the front fenderwell. Looks like someone sat there with a ball peen hammer and just pounded on the fenderwell. Then the covered it up with Bondo and undercoat. I ground all of it off with a wire wheel. It was only on the front half of the fenderwell.
Brett W
sdfsad
Brett W
suprise!!!!
Brett W
asdefaevf
Brett W
bfgtrtb
Brett W
bnfnty
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif Are you going to replace that section?
Brett W
nhyntyn
Brett W
Yes. Everything that gets cut out will get replaced with new metal. I am either going to dip the car or sandblast it. I am worried about what to cover the bare steel with before I weld the cage in and prime the whole thing though.
mattillac
looking at all of these pics makes me nervous about stripping my car. i'd like to strip and paint it, but i have i feeling i won't like what i find. what you can't see can't hurt you, right? bs.gif
Brett W
That is the way I felt when I had a nice running car everyday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.