Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sometimes I need to go backwards to go foward.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Yes even with my ego and abilities work on my projects gets very frustrating. Maybe because of my ego that it is just that. I don't want to undo any of the work that I have done because it means backing-up. When this gets really bad I take a brake for the work and try to reorganize my thoughts and try a new approche. I don't like my work to look like shit and it hurts me to see even just passible work on my projects. I have had just such a hard time with the windscreens on Carerror lately. The more I tried the worse it got. Not accectable at all. Every time I put a serew in it got worse. So I left it alone for a few days and when I was ready with a new approche I got the first one done in an hour and the results were much better.
Soo, don't be affraid the back-up to go foward, it will do you good in the finished product.

Click to view attachment
mrbubblehead
Joe, I dont think your the only one this happens to. I get like that at times. sometimes i have to just put the tools down and close the garage door. usually a good night sleep gives a new perspective. A new angle....

I just wish I could recognize the frustration sooner. It usually appears AFTER I f*ck something up.
euro911
I too, feel the need to go backwards before I can move forward ...

at least several feet rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should start backing the car in the shop - tail first shades.gif

Looking good, Joe popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon
I wonder how many steps I'll have to make backward when I start my first painting project? smash.gif wacko.gif barf.gif laugh.gif
914werke
Amen Brother! sunglasses.gif
reharvey
agree.gif I'm one of those diehards that insist on doing all the work on my cars. In my younger days I always wanted to push ahead even when things were not going well but that usually made things worse. I've learned to walk away and regroup when a problem arises.
FourBlades
Good advice there.

John
Jgilliam914
I don't know how many times I thought I was moving forward with my project only to go backwards? Right now I supposed I could go backwards one more step but I am confident that I am ready to put it all back together since it is down to the bare shell and ready to prime then paint sunglasses.gif
cary
That's what they made stools and beer for.
Step back and ponder.

I have a group from the Pelican 911 board that get together once a month to have dinner and couple beers. They ask about coming out to my shop to hang out and watch.
I said lots of times there isn't much to watch. At this point in the project you spend more to pondering than you do welding and fabricating. Measure twice (me, five or six), cut once.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.