Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Tank fitting washer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I am planning to replace my plastic tunnel fuel lines soon. Needless to say, I am going to pull the fuel tank. I am going to replace the strainer screen for the fuel tank. I will probably need to replace the fitting washer while I have it off. Can I get this rubber washer at a good hardware store? I don't want to have a leak after putting everything together!

Thank you in advance for your help and response! biggrin.gif

walterolin
As you noted a few days ago, don't discount AA. Gaskets are copper, two sizes. Go to the "914 Fuel Tank Parts" page, look at #'s 10, 11, and 13. 10 is the strainer. I got all three a few weeks back.

Olin
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(walterolin @ Feb 17 2013, 08:42 AM) *

As you noted a few days ago, don't discount AA. Gaskets are copper, two sizes. Go to the "914 Fuel Tank Parts" page, look at #'s 10, 11, and 13. 10 is the strainer. I got all three a few weeks back.

Olin

Thanks a million, Olin. I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
They are also available at the bus depot, the Bughaus , Vw parts houses, cip1, most independent pcar shops, etc.
Nozzle
Do these copper washers require any other sealant? When I removed mine they both had some sort of gasket sealer applied to the threads by the previous owners mechanics.
Rotary'14
Actually the original sealing washers are made of fiber. I believe the engineers were worried about an electrolytic reaction between the steel tank to the copper washer, to the aluminum tank nipple.
I have some for sale for $1 (for 2) plus postage.

-Robert
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Feb 17 2013, 10:22 AM) *

Actually the original sealing washers are made of fiber. I believe the engineers were worried about an electrolytic reaction between the steel tank to the copper washer, to the aluminum tank nipple.

-Robert

pm sent
Elliot Cannon
I installed Teflon washers eight years ago and they work great.
Nozzle
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Feb 17 2013, 10:22 AM) *

-Robert

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.