Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Noodles
Bought a new steering wheel and hub and found out from my searches that they aren't all the same.

So after being bummed out I found a brand new Porsche steering wheel and was wondering if there is any kind of adapter to do something like this. Or does anyone want to trade a late hub for the early one I got?

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
70 & 71 use a different adapter than the rest. There is no adapter to fit the late model Porsche wheel on to your car. You can machine something to work. You could swap steering columns with a late model Porsche but that is a lot of work.

I was looking at that same wheel for my conversion. Late model VW, Audi and Porsche use a similar 26mm shaft. Too pricey for the wheel and air bag... sad.gif

I have a Momo (6 bolt) adapter for a 73 if you need it PM me and I'll give you a good price.
bulitt
The Momo hubs are diff so assuming they are all diff. Here are the Momo numbers.

Porsche 914/4 -1971 8000 (Discontinued)
Porsche 914/4 -1972-76 8002
Porsche 914/6 -1971 0230
Noodles
I figured I was dreaming big to be able to use the new wheel. If my auctions ever sell on ebay I'll be in the market for a wheel. Would love to see a pic of what you got. Not impressed at all with the one I bought at all.

And thanks for the part numbers, learn something new every day!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.