Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Verify these parts (Oil Pressure Sender?)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
Gents,
Needing an experienced eye to confirm these parts before I place an order. The first one is close to the distributor and has a lot of oil around it. I think this is the Oil Pressure Sender, but want to make sure. What is the correct replacement part number for a '73 1.7L?

Click to view attachment

The other is on the passenger side by the fuel injectors and has a small spade connector on it. Mine's all rusty and the wiring is crumbling... Also looking for the correct part name and number.

Click to view attachment

Thanks!!!

914itis
The 1st one is the oil pressure switch next to the distributor and the other one is CHT (cylinder head temperature sensor) it is common to See oil around it even if the switch is working. You can just remove it and reinstall using plumbing paste. It is east to test.
kevin311
Yep the first one is the oil pressure sender and the second one is your cylinder head temp sensor

Edit: beat me to it
914Sixer
Take a volt ohm meter and check the ohms of resistance of the cylinder head temp sender. Should be around 2.95K ohms at 60 degrees temp or 2.00k in boiling water. These do no fail very often. Yours is the good version with the blue shield on it. Replacements do not come with them. This part only fails if the wire is damaged.

As for the oil pressure sender it is a standard Bug item. They were cheaply made and sold for about $2 new. Therefore they were leak prone around the top. Buy a new pressure switch. $2.28 at Autohausaz.com
TheCabinetmaker
Fully warm, the cht should read less than 500 ohms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.