Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 hubs on 914 Struts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kevins911
Trying to go 5 lug on a budget, I had these 911 front hubs on the shelf and was curious if they would work. They seem to fit fine, the bearings all sit where they need to, the only issue I can see is the inner bearing seal not fitting the spindle, no problem really, just get a custom seal from the local auto parts store.

The car is a '73.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks
Kevin

Click to view attachment
Spoke
May be an issue with the rotor and existing 914 caliper. Not sure if there are early 911 solid rotors as the 914 caliper is for solid rotor.
Kevins911
Some early 911's/912's used solid rotors, but I plan on using vented rotors with either M calipers or these 4 piston calipers. I expect to have to machine some material of the caliper mounting ears either way as I think the mounting offset changed in '73.
914Sixer
You have to have a 911 strut to use the 911 hub. A former unnamed member here used to make a conversion hub to use the 911 rotor and vented disc on the 914 strut. I have not seen on in about 10 yrs now.

Eric_Shea
That appears to be either a very early 911 hub (which should not fit on a 914 spindle) or a 65 356C hub. The hub does not look familiar at all. Again, 911 spindles are larger than 914 spindles so I'm not sure how that is fitting on that spindle unless there's some different bearings over stock in there.
Kevins911
ok, they are 911 hubs but it looks like someone had some sleeves made up and pressed in so that it now works with 914 bearings. I checked this by taking the bearings out of the 914 rotor/hub setup.

The outside of the hubs have been turned down some also.

A few more pics of the hubs.

Click to view attachment
Kevins911
you can see the sleeve and bearing race here.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.