Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: part removial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gunny
How do I take this part off? Can I get to the back side of this from inside the car?
ThePaintedMan
Screwdriver. Just pry it forward, it will come out along with the foam filter thing behind it.
r_towle
you cannot get behind it really.
If you remove the backpad you should see a small round hole near the bottom of the targa bar.

You may be able to get your finger in behind it, but its not needed to remove that filter.

That vent goes through a 90 degree tube to the interior.
I think its to add venting for the interior for some engineering reason that made sense when they did it.

rich
76-914
it's either glued in or rusted in. should pop out.
gunny
how hard is it to bput back in?
balljoint
Those airways are there to prevent the massive push of air from a door closing on the sooper tight 914 cabin from blowing the lid right off. ohmy.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 19 2013, 11:01 AM) *

Those airways are there to prevent the massive push of air from a door closing on the sooper tight 914 cabin from blowing the lid right off. ohmy.gif

Agreed, as well as to avoid the partial pressure situation that would occur without it when you had the heater/air blower fan on.

My 914 has original window seals and is far from tight, but if you shut the door with the roof unlatched, it will pop the roof up a little even with the vent.
IronHillRestorations
It's there so you can get positlve airflow in to the cabin. Without a place for air to exit the cabin, it's hard to pump air from the heaters, or to the windscreen into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.