Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? trany work in northern Ca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
Ok my 914 has been painted and needs to have the new engine w/carb and trany put in but would like to go through the trany as long as its out. so who is the best around the San Francisco bay area to do this the new engine has been bumped up in power and also wondering is any need to adjust gearing on this trany considering the new engine for spirited street driving?
SirAndy
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 19 2013, 01:41 PM) *

Ok my 914 has been painted and needs to have the new engine w/carb and trany put in but would like to go through the trany as long as its out. so who is the best around the San Francisco bay area to do this the new engine has been bumped up in power and also wondering is any need to adjust gearing on this trany considering the new engine for spirited street driving?

McMark in Sonoma ...
http://www.originalcustoms.com/

driving.gif
wes
thats what I thought thanks!
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 19 2013, 02:51 PM) *

McMark in Sonoma ...

driving.gif

+1

I had mine done there.

--brett
ConeDodger
Mc agree.gif Mark
Dr Evil
I hear he doesnt bathe confused24.gif

wink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 19 2013, 06:24 PM) *

I hear he doesnt bathe confused24.gif

wink.gif

That's OK, the tranny is already dirty... biggrin.gif
bluhun

You might also check with Hi-Tec Auto in San Rafael. Dana did my transmission rebuild, complete with new billet aluminum intermediate plate and new California Motorsport billet bearing retainer. He has lots of experience with 901s and 915s.
ww914
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Feb 19 2013, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 19 2013, 02:51 PM) *

McMark in Sonoma ...

driving.gif

+1

I had mine done there.

--brett

Mine too. Works great.
Elliot Cannon
It's rumored, he can access hard to reach parts with telekineses. I have personally seen him change the oil pump on a 914 with the engine still in the car while explaining how a change in ocean water temp. affects the weather. laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bluhun @ Feb 19 2013, 10:50 PM) *
You might also check with Hi-Tec Auto in San Rafael. Dana did my transmission rebuild, complete with new billet aluminum intermediate plate and new California Motorsport billet bearing retainer. He has lots of experience with 901s and 915s.

Funny that you mention them. That's where i bought my car back in 2000, the PO had traded it in for another car.

It sat outside with the windows down and had a few inches of water in it. The tired old 1.8L actually started right up but ran pretty rough.

Came back the next day with cash in my hand and took her home ...
wub.gif
Drums66
....also have heard good things about the trans work of "THOMAS"
also on this board idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Feb 21 2013, 12:35 PM) *

....also have heard good things about the trans work of "THOMAS"
also on this board idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
J
THOMAS unfortunately moved back to Germany.
McMark
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 20 2013, 09:00 AM) *

It's rumored, he can access hard to reach parts with telekineses. I have personally seen him change the oil pump on a 914 with the engine still in the car while explaining how a change in ocean water temp. affects the weather. laugh.gif

I hope you remembered everything I taught you that day. I don't do four things at once for fun! av-943.gif
Dave_Darling

It's rumored, he can access hard to reach parts with telekineses.

...All we know is... He's called McStig! happy11.gif

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 22 2013, 08:39 AM) *

I hope you remembered everything I taught you that day. I don't do four things at once for fun! av-943.gif

He forgot to mention the engine was running and McMark didn't spill a drop... evilgrin.gif
wes
so Mark how about we talk!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.