Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB New valve covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Erben914
I think one of my valve covers is warped. I have tried everything to get it to stop leaking with no luck. Does anyone know where I could buy new ones?
thanks,
bdstone914
I do not think new ones are available. I have several sets of cleaned straight covers, some repainted, one pair plated.
PM for details.
Bruce
Hans Zupp
Also, purchase some thicker gaskets from Mark (aka: Mikey914) (914rubber.com) ... they took care of a persistent leak I had thumb3d.gif

'Hans Zupp'
Erben914
QUOTE(Hans Zupp @ Feb 19 2013, 02:53 PM) *

Also, purchase some thicker gaskets from Mark (aka: Mikey914) (914rubber.com) ... they took care of a persistent leak I had thumb3d.gif

'Hans Zupp'

Thanks Hans. But unfortunatley that didnt work either. Ive done all the tricks. bent the bails thicker gaskets sealer the keep the gaskets in place.
dfelz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 19 2013, 02:14 PM) *

I do not think new ones are available. I have several sets of cleaned straight covers, some repainted, one pair plated.
PM for details.
Bruce

Hey Bruce, i would actually be interested in trading your plated covers for my non plated ones for the price of the plating like we did this past weekend on the other miscellaneous parts.

Thanks
tod914
NLA on new unfortunetly. VW use to stock them, they are out now too.
JStroud
I told you to call me if you needed anything, I've got extras, bring it over this weekend, we'll figure it out.

Jeff
Erben914

Jeff you are too kind. I didn't want to mooch any more parts off you smoke.gif
I am going to redding all weekend. I will pm you to see about the following weekend. I have a 914 world window sticker for you next time I see you too,

QUOTE(jsconst @ Feb 19 2013, 06:59 PM) *

I told you to call me if you needed anything, I've got extras, bring it over this weekend, we'll figure it out.

Jeff

JStroud
No problem, should be around next weekend.
And don't worry about the parts, this is my hobby not my job, its all about having fun and keeping the cars on the road. Glad I'm able to help.

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.