914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
http://thesportscarguys.com/2013/02/13/chr...ally-car-video/

I'd do this in a heartbeat! tooooo fun

td
balljoint
Cool.

That's like my drive to work.

I have Duratracs on my Tacoma that have receivers for tire studs. I think the MTO might frown on it but... idea.gif
Jgilliam914
Back in the mid 80's our local SCCA sponsored a Icekhana on a local river. Sub Zero temps for 3 weeks allowed this to happen. Ice was around 17 inches thick and I doubt if today any municipality would give us the OK to do this again. It was nothing short of a blast. I wouldn't take my 914 out in the winter and ended up driving my work car which happened to be a 1967 Impala witn a 327 4 speed. You did not need large amount of power and the teener would have been perfect but even in my mid 20's I knew how much of a rust bucket 914's would be in the near future. Oh I won the rear wheel drive class. I beat a pickup and a conversion van :-)
Eric_Shea
Next car is a Rallycross project. Just looked at the tub yesterday.
r_towle
First time I did Ice racing was a few years ago up in New Hampshire.
it was with the BMW club and I was driving a 5 series car that the night before I had just finished rebuilding the motor...
It was a goal to get the car done...

It was a blast, I highly suggest anyone should try it.
most of these races are similar to autox...timed trial and alone.

Its a blast to try to get a good time without planting it in a snowbank.

my close friend took me out in his RS4....he is the one that made me buy an Audi...after one really fast run in his car, I needed to get an audi.

I bet this would be alot of fun in the 911..I will see if there is one more going on this year.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.