Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED FLASHER
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
02loftsmoor
Click to view attachmentI work for Peterbilt, and we been have problems with Body companies using all LED lighting, this really affects the turn signals, this flasher we use for LEDs it may work on the teeners, my car is splaterd and scattered.

2FNE7
TheCabinetmaker
cocktails for lunch?
904svo
If thats a 2 prong relay it measures current to flash, you may have to put a load
resistor( 10 ohms 50 watts) to ground to simulate light bubs to work. Or check
with your local auto store for a soild state flasher that will work with leds.
02loftsmoor
that IS a LED flasher that's what we use
it is a two prog flasher

QUOTE(904svo @ Feb 20 2013, 04:50 PM) *

If thats a 2 prong relay it measures current to flash, you may have to put a load
resistor( 10 ohms 50 watts) to ground to simulate light bubs to work. Or check
with your local auto store for a soild state flasher that will work with leds.

Dasnowman
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Feb 22 2013, 09:18 PM) *

that IS a LED flasher that's what we use
it is a two prog flasher

Yes but a semi has a lot more lights/LEDs running so you may still need to run a resistor? Most wiring issue's are a result of bad grounds or dirty power double check both but it seems you know what your talking about..

I had a Toyota Truck that had wiring issue's, lights always burning out, flashers working funky and I went with a ground kit with a power conditioner everyone always thought I had HID's as the head lights were super bright. The fans blew twice as fast, and better gas milage....

Thinking about it might get one for my teener....

02loftsmoor
were only using 4 lights, these are trucks were using them on not a semi.
messix
the eletronic hd flashers that are used when towing trailers might work since they use a timer to flash and not a bimetal element to do the flashing.
02loftsmoor
Again these are TRUCKS not semi or traction engines, but your right this is a timer
messix
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Feb 23 2013, 11:30 AM) *

Again these are TRUCKS not semi or traction engines, but your right this is a timer

like pick up trucks?
02loftsmoor
class 6,7,8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.