Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unmounting race tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
blitZ
I took some wheels with some Avons I used for AX to a tire shop to get the tires unmounted and they couldn't get them off. How do I get these tires off the rims?
Trekkor
Try another tire shop.

KT
Woody
QUOTE(Trekkor @ Feb 20 2013, 04:58 PM) *

Try another tire shop.

KT

laugh.gif agree.gif
blitZ
Found a buyer who wants wheels and tires, problem solved.
Randal

Had a bunch of "tire shop" experiences getting heavy side wall tires, like cantilevered slicks or the Hoosier AX tires, removed from the rims.

If the shop techs even blink when looking at my tires I turn and leave. Lucky for me we have a good local tire shop that has good equipment and staff that are experienced.

We also have Roger Kraus, up in Hayward, that deals with any wheel and/or tire combination, including three piece wheels, racing or street.
stownsen914
Race tires can be a PITA to mount and dismount if the technician hasn't mounted race tires before or doesn't have the right equipment. I had a wheel bent by an inexperienced shop once sad.gif

Try getting recommendations from locals and double check with the shop to make sure they've done race tires before.

Scott
carr914
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Feb 27 2013, 04:58 PM) *

Race tires can be a PITA to mount and dismount if the technician hasn't mounted race tires before or doesn't have the right equipment. I had a wheel bent by an inexperienced shop once sad.gif

Me Too! mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.