Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 linkages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rsrguy3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to eliminate all the slop I can from my side shifter. I like the idea of the Jwest & tangerine stuff but want to fab my own. Please share your suggestions/experiences, and please PICS! -Guy

Oh! what ever happened to Velios?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1031305

driving.gif
rsrguy3
That.....Sir Andy is beautifull!
rsrguy3
I am local Eric, I'll take you up on it when I get back for R&R.
rsrguy3
What kind of home brew stuff is out there? Pics guys we know your proud of your work.
euro911
The JWE Side-shift linkage kit isn't being produced any longer?

Why???
speed metal army
Slothness had a pretty rad one...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=186850&hl=
brant
here is what we did ourselves:

I've got a bunch more pictures in my vintage car build thread
rsrguy3
I like it Brant. Eric where did your pic's go?
BKLA
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 20 2013, 11:30 PM) *

The JWE Side-shift linkage kit isn't being produced any longer?

Why???

My guess ...Expensive to reproduce.... Limited market

I have the jwest set up in my race car. And part of a jwest setup (rear assembly and firewall bearing) where I used my own limited fab skills to use steering shaft steering joints to complete in my street car. Very happy with both!!!!!!!
brant
QUOTE(rsrguy3 @ Feb 21 2013, 01:30 PM) *

I like it Brant. Eric where did your pic's go?

we turned a delrin bushing for the firewall, made to fit
and we put an apex bushing at the front of the linkage too

plus an ajrs shifter
dual brass bushings, and as you can see an extended cup for the cup bushing.

the shift rod is dead straight because of the -6 conversion
HarveyH
I believe Racer Chris (Tangerine Racing) \; see our Vendors...) lists a very similar side shift conversion kit on his website....

Harvey
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Feb 21 2013, 08:16 PM) *

I believe Racer Chris (Tangerine Racing) \; see our Vendors...) lists a very similar side shift conversion kit on his website....

Harvey

The JWest kit had a DIY shift rod, but the short shaft carrier bolted in place without modifying the transmission shift console.
My kit has a finished shift rod but installation of the short shaft carrier requires cutting the ear off the console.
Some of my design criteria were based on experience with installing JWest kits for customers.
dadaDaveed
I have the Tangerine kit with the spherical bearing at the firewall and JWest Rennshift. Racer Chris made a custom shift rod to work around my LS1. The car's not on the road yet, but the shift action is SMOOOTH and crisp beer.gif

rsrguy3
Good stuff! What kind of pics do you guys have of more diy stuff?
euro911
QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Feb 21 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I have the Tangerine kit with the spherical bearing at the firewall and JWest Rennshift. Racer Chris made a custom shift rod to work around my LS1. The car's not on the road yet, but the shift action is SMOOOTH and crisp :beer1
I modified one of Chris' firewall bushings to fit my particular application.

Click to view attachment

The section of the firewall where the bushing goes had to be reinforced with a 1/8" aluminum plate (as the hole had been hogged-out by a PO)

Click to view attachment

Taking 3/8" off the back side of the bush housing afforded the clearance I needed in the engine bay (front shift coupling hit the bush housing), but I still have a little binding due to a bad angle or an offset that I still need to straighten out.
rsrguy3
This is exactly the stuff I was hoping for as many pictures and experiences in one place, it will make for a sweet referance thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.