Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to tell the different between real and fake Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tim4130
Hello, I recently just bought 2 sets of Fuchs(only got 2 because it was buy 1 get 1 free smile.gif). I was in the market for buying some real ones and just want to see if I did well or not. It would help if any of you out there could help me out with what i should look for in the wheel to tell if they're authentic or not. first picture is a 15x7 from a set of 15x7 fronts and 15x8 rears. Second picture is the set I was actually getting. 16x7 fronts and 16x8 rears with new firestone tires. For some reason the person before me that owned them had them balanced on the front of the rims...Any help would be much appreciated!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Flip em over and look for Part Numbers, I will buy the 15x7 fakes if you want to turn and burn.
tim4130
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 20 2013, 05:22 PM) *

Flip em over and look for Part Numbers, I will buy the 15x7 fakes if you want to turn and burn.

I'll take some pics in a bit. I don't know if I'm allowed to sell on here? I'm pretty new. If i can. I'll send you pics and we can get it figured out.

sixnotfour
you didn't say they where for sale, I just offered to buy..your good
tim4130
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 20 2013, 05:44 PM) *

you didn't say they where for sale, I just offered to buy..your good

I honestly have no use for the 15x7 15x8s. Was going to sell them on CL anyways.
Just really want to know if my 16s are authentic or not. I'll look at part numbers soon.
somd914
As mentioned stamped on the inside of a spoke will be something like this:

Click to view attachment
bulitt
Or this-

IPB Image
tim4130
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 20 2013, 05:58 PM) *

Or this-

IPB Image

First picture is the 16x7sClick to view attachment
Second picture is the 16x8sClick to view attachment
SLITS
They're real.
tim4130
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2013, 06:10 PM) *

They're real.

Are they 911 Fuchs? was looking at how the other guys said 914 for the first
couple numbers and mine said 911.
SLITS
they are a 911 part number ... You could find the part number in PET should you desire. they also have the Fuchs Fox cast into them.

the 914 shot was probably a 4 lug Fuchs.
tim4130
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2013, 06:26 PM) *

they are a 911 part number ... You could find the part number in PET should you desire. they also have the Fuchs Fox cast into them.

I hope I'm not asking you for too much, but could you specify PET?
I don't know how to search it since all it brings up is pet related
searches lol. Much thanks to all who helped me too!
biosurfer1
Do a google search with the part number and you'll get a lot of info:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ers-offset.html
tim4130
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 20 2013, 07:28 PM) *

Do a google search with the part number and you'll get a lot of info:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ers-offset.html

That helped a lot! Thanks!
biosurfer1
NP...the world of Fuchs is a lot bigger and more complex than most people (including me originally) realize.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tim4130 @ Feb 20 2013, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2013, 06:26 PM) *

I hope I'm not asking you for too much, but could you specify PET?
I don't know how to search it since all it brings up is pet related
searches lol. Much thanks to all who helped me too!

PET is the Porsche electronic parts catalog. They're about 11-12 bucks from the dealer on CD ROM. You can also access it online at: http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

Pick your model, go for it!

The Cap'n
a914622
Nice score! The part number has a lot more to tell than it lets on. If it started 951 the 16s wouldof been for a 944 with a different offset. Very sought after

The 45 at the end tells it left the factory with black center/ silver ano lip. If say it was "15" it would havebeen whitecenter/polished lip.

The little fox is the fuch logo

so ya.. be carefull they are easy to colect! and before you know it you have to many!!

welcome.png

jcl
tim4130
QUOTE(a914622 @ Feb 20 2013, 09:23 PM) *

Nice score! The part number has a lot more to tell than it lets on. If it started 951 the 16s wouldof been for a 944 with a different offset. Very sought after

The 45 at the end tells it left the factory with black center/ silver ano lip. If say it was "15" it would havebeen whitecenter/polished lip.

The little fox is the fuch logo

so ya.. be carefull they are easy to colect! and before you know it you have to many!!

welcome.png

jcl

Thanks for the info! It's always good to know more.
a914622
Hey i was looking at the portland C/L and seen some fakys 15x7-8 for 280.00. Is them you?

jcl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.