Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Dashboard help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Peashooter
Well, I've done it this time..at some point I misplaced, lost, who knows, the thin metal pieces that glue to the front of the dash that have vinyl attached. I had found them, put them aside, and now they're nowhere to be found! chair.gif
Is there anyone who has a set that I can borrow, maybe? I can make a new set and send them back. I'll pay shipping both ways, of course. Or could someone make templates? Please?
Thanks, Bill
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Feb 21 2013, 03:34 PM) *

Well, I've done it this time..at some point I misplaced, lost, who knows, the thin metal pieces that glue to the front of the dash that have vinyl attached. I had found them, put them aside, and now they're nowhere to be found! chair.gif
Is there anyone who has a set that I can borrow, maybe? I can make a new set and send them back. I'll pay shipping both ways, of course. Or could someone make templates? Please?
Thanks, Bill

If it's of any importance, they're not exactly vital (save for originality). I got rid of them and coverered the dash.
Peashooter
I thought about that, but I would prefer to get them if I can.
JmuRiz
I can't help with the pieces...sounds like your car is a gonner, you should send it to me smile.gif
Question: does the vinyl wrap these panels or is it just for smoothness?
Peashooter
The vinyl glues to the face of the strips, then the strips stick to the dash with double-sided tape. It is a pretty silly set up. huh.gif
Griffinroydonald
The Dash looks great without the strips in place and I found it easier to do without them. The only drawback is the panel is not completely flat around the pull switches. You can leave the material wide and glue down with spray adhesive. The top pad and knee pad help hold the material in place.
Luke M
I took them off my 6 when I had my cf dash made. I have them set aside and could make you some copies in cardboard. I wont be able to do anything for 3 - 4 days. Pm me on this and I can send you a few pics also.

Luke
Peashooter
Thanks, Luke!
PM'd you
Bill
maddog
So Luke is your carbon fiber dash kit installed yet? lol

QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 22 2013, 06:44 AM) *

I took them off my 6 when I had my cf dash made. I have them set aside and could make you some copies in cardboard. I wont be able to do anything for 3 - 4 days. Pm me on this and I can send you a few pics also.

Luke

maddog
Bill, if your dash is like Lukes I could send you some paper templates?

QUOTE(Peashooter @ Feb 22 2013, 07:15 AM) *

Thanks, Luke!
PM'd you
Bill

Luke M
QUOTE(maddog @ Feb 22 2013, 10:26 AM) *

So Luke is your carbon fiber dash kit installed yet? lol

QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 22 2013, 06:44 AM) *

Luke

No not yet.. A work in progress.
gothspeed
Does anyone have pics of the dash face covered with the metal strips deleted?
Luke M
Here's some pics of the c/f dash that maddog made for me and the factory 914-6 metal dash tins.

I'll trace them and get them in the mail by Tuesday.

Luke
larryM
i have an oem set that i will never use - took em off 20 yrs ago & replaced with wood

make an offer

QUOTE(Peashooter @ Feb 21 2013, 03:34 PM) *

Thanks, Bill

Peashooter
PM'd you LarryM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.