Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How weird is that?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
So, my kid has been bugging us to take music lessons for a while since he took piano in Sacramento before we moved. He found a teacher online and asked me if it would be ok for him to take lessons from the guy... I said sure.

We got over there for his 3PM lesson and as we pulled in the driveway Nikko says "Is that a 914?" Yup. Sure enough, Nikko's new music teacher has a '73 2.0 parts car and a '75 3.2 conversion on jackstands in the garage. He said the conversion hadn't run in 4 years and that it would turn over like a champ but no fire. I said "DME relay" he said what? I explained the DME relay problems with the Carrera and next week, we are going to see if we can get it running for him!

Oh, and yes, I will put the VIN numbers in the registry biggrin.gif
kevin311
Ill be the first to say it... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I have never run into another 914 in my area..
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2013, 04:09 PM) *

So, my kid has been bugging us to take music lessons for a while since he took piano in Sacramento before we moved. He found a teacher online and asked me if it would be ok for him to take lessons from the guy... I said sure.

We got over there for his 3PM lesson and as we pulled in the driveway Nikko says "Is that a 914?" Yup. Sure enough, Nikko's new music teacher has a '73 2.0 parts car and a '75 3.2 conversion on jackstands in the garage. He said the conversion hadn't run in 4 years and that it would turn over like a champ but no fire. I said "DME relay" he said what? I explained the DME relay problems with the Carrera and next week, we are going to see if we can get it running for him!

Oh, and yes, I will put the VIN numbers in the registry biggrin.gif

Before you replace the DME relay, make sure there is no corrosion in the socket and pins. The Yellow Zonker died on me once and that was the problem.
Krieger
Rob, you seem to attract " these" kind of people.
chads74
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Feb 21 2013, 05:15 PM) *

I am moving out there in May
ConeDodger
Ok... Here is a picture of the parts car. I will take a picture of the conversion next week or so whenever he has his next lesson...

You can just barely make it out up under the tree to the left side of the drive...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(chads74 @ Feb 22 2013, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(kevin311 @ Feb 21 2013, 05:15 PM) *

I am moving out there in May

Why? Not hot and dry enough for you in Tucson? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 22 2013, 07:44 AM) *

Rob, you seem to attract " these" kind of people.

No kidding! But how in the world of music teachers do I manage to find the one 914 guy??? blink.gif
ConeDodger
I just added his parts car VIN#. We are over 7000 numbers!
Rand
Wow, that's crazy. Love it.
I saw another 914 I didn't know about on the road (Longley) a few days ago.

I wonder how many more there are around here that aren't online at World....
JmuRiz
I like how they are "parts car" and "on jackstands"
He HAS to be on this board somewhere biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
cosmic, bro smoke.gif
I'm sure you'll make beautiful music together - like the six cylinder symphony coming soon beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 22 2013, 11:42 AM) *

Nope. Never heard of us...
Drums66
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 22 2013, 11:42 AM) *

laugh.gif, Ya....Most musicians ,favor P-cars!(but not the break-downs)
bye1.gif
euro911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Ok... Here is a picture of the parts car. I will take a picture of the conversion next week or so whenever he has his next lesson...

You can just barely make it out up under the tree to the left side of the drive...
Just barely make it out??? If I just saw the front left fender poking out from under a tarp, I'd recognize a 914.

Cool find smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
You should be proud your kid has been bugging you for music lessons.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 24 2013, 07:16 PM) *

You should be proud your kid has been bugging you for music lessons.

I would actually be proud of him even if he didn't bug me for music lessons... I just don't want him to turn out like Eric Shea blink.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.