Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SVDA Distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jboulder
My 912E is running a 2L with dual weber 40 IDF's. Right now it's got some 009 with electronic ignition.

Would a currently available (i.e. not bosch) SVDA distributor be an upgrade? I'm looking for a reasonable mix of performance and fuel economy.

Thanks in advance! (pun intended)
KaptKaos
I like mine. Good power and economy, but I think I need more advance at idle. Throttle response is a little sluggish. Once past tip in, it screams!

Do your webers have a vacuum port? You will need one.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 21 2013, 04:24 PM) *

I like mine. Good power and economy, but I think I need more advance at idle. Throttle response is a little sluggish. Once past tip in, it screams!

ive got my total advance cranked up to 35 degrees max advanced now. svda distributor, and my cyl. head temps went DOWN 25 degrees. AT LEAST 25.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Feb 21 2013, 04:49 PM) *

ive got my total advance cranked up to 35 degrees max advanced now. svda distributor, and my cyl. head temps went DOWN 25 degrees. AT LEAST 25.

I'd have to go through all of the mixture adjustments if I advance it, no?
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 21 2013, 05:33 PM) *

I'd have to go through all of the mixture adjustments if I advance it, no?
thats correct. you will most likey have to slow down the idle and then rest the mixture screws. piece of cake..
brant
to the original poster.
nice to see another colorado guy on here
there are a few of us around close to you.

the 009 is not a very good distributor for these motors.
72hardtop

This with or without the vac line attached & plugged?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.