Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accusump on '75 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
motorvated
I plan to go racining and I have purchased a 3-qt Accusump with manual valve to install on my '75 1.8 motor. I'm planning on mounting it up on the bulkhead above the motor inside the engine compartment, where ther's plenty of room. My question is how do I hook it up. Where on the engine do I tap into an pressurized oil feed, where do I plumb in a return, and what size/type fittings do I need. If it involves tapping into the oil filter feed/return, must/should I relocate the oil filter housing to a new location to accommodate the new plumbing?
Randal
QUOTE(motorvated @ Feb 22 2013, 10:18 AM) *

I plan to go racining and I have purchased a 3-qt Accusump with manual valve to install on my '75 1.8 motor. I'm planning on mounting it up on the bulkhead above the motor inside the engine compartment, where ther's plenty of room. My question is how do I hook it up. Where on the engine do I tap into an pressurized oil feed, where do I plumb in a return, and what size/type fittings do I need. If it involves tapping into the oil filter feed/return, must/should I relocate the oil filter housing to a new location to accommodate the new plumbing?

Have you checked out the installation diagram on the accusump web site? Believe that will answer your question about a filter or filters, which will now need to be remote.
motorvated
Thank you Randall, I'll do just that. Having a remote oil filter location doesn't sound too bad to me either!

Randal
QUOTE(motorvated @ Feb 22 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Thank you Randall, I'll do just that. Having a remote oil filter location doesn't sound too bad to me either!

This picture below taken from underneath my car shows the dual filter set up as well as the lines leading to the front cooler (and return). FYI I also run an Accusump which saves engines. That bottom 90 degree line is the one going back to the Accusump, if I remember right. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Always thought it would be interesting to video an accusump during an autox, going around corners when oil pressure likely drops. Haven't done it yet.

And here is the connection to the engine/ oil pump. This engine has an external oil return to the pump as the builder didn't like the internal oil return configuration.

Click to view attachment
Sneezy
I had mine plumbed through the oil pressure sender hole. It worked perfectly for 10 years of racing. I ran a hose to a T on the firewall with one leg going to the Accusump and one going to the sender. The hole is 10mm X 1mm pipe threads which is almost exactly the same as 1/8" pipe threads. Not close enough for brake lines but close enough for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.