Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: New 991 GTE car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Unveiled today, Speed got some decent photos of it on track. Looks GREAT in all black.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-...1-breaks-cover/
rfuerst911sc
Very nice I hope to see it in Flying Lizard livery soon !
Cupomeat
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 22 2013, 03:46 PM) *

Unveiled today, Speed got some decent photos of it on track. Looks GREAT in all black.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-...1-breaks-cover/

I guess that is only off topic in that the 991 engine is too wide to fit in the 914 engine bay... LOL.

That car looks mean and fast. I am a little disappointed (but not surprised) that it doesn't look as much as the 991 as the old 997 GT3 looked like a regular 997.

Looking forward to LeMans.
Zimms
I wish it was going to be at Sebring for the 12 Hours.
Vysoc
Nice link Painted Man,

As the article states the 991 GT3 RSR will not race in America until 2014 with a chance to see it at Sebring and Atlanta in WEC events possibly in GTE? So we now know what Joerg Bergmeister is going to do..... how about Patrick Long?

Car looks mean, the real question is will the change in engine position make the car competitive with the Ferrari 458 Italia, will it take away from the traction?

Porsche has worked so hard to compensate for the rear engine weight situation for so many years, now with a better balanced car can they take the 991 over the next hurdle and dominate.

Should be fun to see how this all unfolds.

I guess this is the answer for those that want to see a CAYMAN GT3 RSR?

Porsche is always evolving!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 22 2013, 04:51 PM) *

Very nice I hope to see it in Flying Lizard livery soon !

Maybe Next Year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.