Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first time this part of the car has been exposed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
This is the first time this part of the car has been exposed since it was purchased from the dealer. Found this writing...anyone know what it means. Maybe the guy that was assembling my car was on his eighth beer! beer3.gif Click to view attachment
Mikey914
looks like sharpie. If it was factory wouldn't have been a paint pen marker? Maybe it is either way, cool.
r_towle
8th time that part has been restored...

rich
nathansnathan
That looks like over spray on the headlight wire? It would have to have been apart for that to get there. And if it was painted, it would have to have been written after that?
rgolia
The over spray was on top of the writing. My buddies at Maaco in San Jose painted the car with the lights still in it. I have had this car since it was new, never had a light problem and did just about all of the maintenance as a starving student. I found the writing after i steel brushed away the over spray. It does look like a sharpie though and they were not around in 74.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 22 2013, 01:22 PM) *

The over spray was on top of the writing. My buddies at Maaco in San Jose painted the car with the lights still in it. I have had this car since it was new, never had a light problem and did just about all of the maintenance as a starving student. I found the writing after i steel brushed away the over spray. It does look like a sharpie though and they were not around in 74.

from what i hear sharpie might bleed thru the paint. may want take some acetone to it.
worn
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Feb 22 2013, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 22 2013, 01:22 PM) *

from what i hear sharpie might bleed thru the paint. may want take some acetone to it.

Sharpies were pricey, but present in 74.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.