Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission rebuild for a 930 trans-Pittsburgh area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kresdon999
can any one recommend a good shop to rebuild a 930 4 speed in the Pittsburgh area? 2d and 3d are getting a little grunchy
Harpo
Have you spoken with Dr Evil?
Dr Evil
On it smile.gif Thanks Harpo.
OU8AVW
Dr. E is the obvious choice for you but Eric Wills of Wills Werks in Fairfax VA gives you another recomendation. We were just at his shop rebuilding my Bro in law's 84 911 trans. Lots of factory tools but be ready to lay down some serious coin.
Dr Evil
Wow Mike, thanks for that???

Lets see, I live 20min away from the guy, I charge $500 for labor plus parts, I have 10 yrs experience, and a lot of satisfied customers. But ya, feel free to steer the guy to another person that is farther away and charges far more. confused24.gif

Nothing against Wills, he is a great guy, but what value do you add to this thread with this recommendation?
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment

Also

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 23 2013, 09:43 PM) *

I don't blame him. I really don't think he is mad, just shocked and apalled. I could be wrong, but I believe he has a right to be something, whatever it is. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
tongue.gif
OU8AVW
Wills will just send him to you anyway. Everyone should talk to at least two people on a job like this. Educated clients are happy clients. Going to you is the obvious choice but it's not the only choice.
Also, i have no idea where you live. I've never been invited over dry.gif

Mark Henry
IPB Image
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 23 2013, 06:59 PM) *

Wow Mike, thanks for that???

Lets see, I live 20min away from the guy, I charge $500 for labor plus parts, I have 10 yrs experience, and a lot of satisfied customers. But ya, feel free to steer the guy to another person that is farther away and charges far more. confused24.gif

Nothing against Wills, he is a great guy, but what value do you add to this thread with this recommendation?

and I was going to recommend aamco,,why go anywhere else! poke.gif
messix
geezuz Doc....... slap.gif

you should be thanking him for bringing up the alterative just to point out how CHEAP [inexpensive] happy11.gif you are!!!!

it keeps the bitching down when they how much more it would cost elsewhere!!! sheeplove.gif
Dr Evil
Its all good. He didnt realize I am the guys neighbor. I am not the only one that does this work, but I am the cheapest (least expensive) biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 24 2013, 05:51 PM) *

Its all good. He didnt realize I am the guys neighbor. I am not the only one that does this work, but I am the cheapest (least expensive) biggrin.gif

you are cheap.... and dirty too! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.