Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happens in a few years?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
A recent thread made me think about something.

When the price of a boxter drops to $10,000'ish will the 914-6 market fall off some? or will it increase smile.gif smile.gif

Cheers beerchug.gif
boxstr
97 Boxster 120k miles Tip, white/black, needs top or rear window, on craigslist in Richmond, $14500.

914-6 prices are around $15,000-22,000. And from some of the comments by people who have "actually seen" the car they are not worth those prices, at least not to that buyer.

Personally I think the 914-6 that is in honest and true "concours condition" is going to command a higher price. The ones that are still in need of work to get them there are going to languish at prices over $15000.

Just my learned opinion.

CCLINPORSCHEMARKETREPORT
IronHillRestorations
No way.

Vintage cars can't be compared to new cars. When you get a "real 6" you are also purchasing a car of limited production, which will always bring more than a car that was limited to the number they could crank out in a day.

Now when it comes to autoX and stuff like that it's another story. Although modifying a Boxster is more expensive than a 914, I won't be surprised if Boxsters become the autox weapon of the future.
nickg
fyi: boxsters are already selling under 10000 at auctions in the northeast(97-00 high miles) they will be like the 944/928's in the short term future(3 years they should sell for less than 7500) i know i will be getting one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.