Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Parts Car Disassebly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I started taking this 74 apart because I knew I would not be able to get a title after I found this. Look at the pictures of the front trunk area and see if you can spot what is wrong. Then I will add the info later. Lets see who has a keen eye.
rnellums
No Chassis Plate?
914Sixer
Yes, it is missing the plate but it is something much larger than that.
914werke
Yes.
Late Pass side wheel well on a mid yr (73/74)car.
914Sixer
This was covered over with lots of paint.
ChrisFoley
'75 partial Front clip.
914Sixer
Yes, Chris is correct. Whole passenger side is clipped at the firewall. It has the VIN number from the clipped car. So there is missing VIN tags for the fender and headlight bucket. The correct VINs are on the door and window post. Trunk was rotten with stampings gone.

The big give away to me was the bumper hook on fender corner, then I spotted the frame brace going all the way to the firewall.
sixnotfour
Why do Body shops never put the VIN plate back in ??? Law ??
Or at least throw it in the glove box...
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 23 2013, 12:13 PM) *

Yes, Chris is correct. Whole passenger side is clipped at the firewall. It has the VIN number from the clipped car. So there is missing VIN tags for the fender and headlight bucket. The correct VINs are on the door and window post. Trunk was rotten with stampings gone.

The big give away to me was the bumper hook on fender corner, then I spotted the frame brace going all the way to the firewall.

Can you please add both VINs to the database and mark them as dead ...
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.