Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange 1973 2.0 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
NJ914Guy
EBay Listing

Anyone look at this car or have any comments or feedback? Seems like a solid car for anyone seaching.
Kaduku
QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ Feb 23 2013, 01:39 PM) *

EBay Listing

Anyone look at this car or have any comments or feedback? Seems like a solid car for anyone seaching.

Yes, I saw that car, very nice. A little too shiny lol.

No offense to Signal Orange owners, but I prefer your Nepal Orange 73.

Kaduku
QUOTE(Scotti @ Feb 23 2013, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ Feb 23 2013, 04:39 PM) *

EBay Listing

Puff job

I haven't been keeping up with slang words, but can you tell me what mean by "Puff Job."
Mike Fitton
yikes.gif

EBay Listing

This car is a joke, he should take the $9,200 that is currently bid and go hide somewhere.
Fake Fuch's
Chrome bumper on front black on back.
Missing bottom of passenger side armrest.
Wrong tool kit.
No radio but has door speakers.
Headlights are not working
No fender to cowl seals unless they are painted over.yikes.gif

Look at the question that was asked: Dear Justin, best 914 on Ebay in months. Might you have the engine number? Gregory
Come on! either he asked it himself or had one of his buddies ask it.

I wonder if he will sell the luggage separately.
BTW paint code is Phoenix Red.
A&PGirl
The seats are plaid. Not stock 1973. Jeff's site says either '75 or '76.
No stock steering wheel being sold with the car. However, in the "resto" pics it is shown.
The front trunk floor has rust.
Poor panel fit. The top of the passenger door gap is nonexistent. BIG KEY FOR BAD RUST!!!

Front lid looks bowed.
No rubber tits on the rear.
I swear those window winders are the 75/76 version.
The interior door latches are for 74-76 cars.
Why are there wires laying across the windshield bottle?
Why doesn't he show the odometer?

No picture of hellhole. BIG SCREAMING CLUE.

The car comes across as being misrepresented. On purpose or not is up for you to decide. The old adage of "a sucker is born every minute" comes to mind.

Kaduku
QUOTE(Scotti @ Feb 23 2013, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Kaduku @ Feb 23 2013, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Scotti @ Feb 23 2013, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ Feb 23 2013, 04:39 PM) *

EBay Listing

Puff job

I haven't been keeping up with slang words, but can you tell me what mean by "Puff Job."

It's a real cream puff. The seller has exaggerated the true nature of the car. Puffery.looks like he used a whole can of pledge on the car. poke.gif

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I am not that skilled to see the things you all are seeing, but there was something about this car that did not seem right to me.

NJ914Guy
Yes, I saw some of the same things but workable. There are many cars out there that would need so much more. Would love to see that hell hole pic. Also, almost seems like the car is wet. Agree on the puffing but trying to look through that.
tod914
Take a good look at the battery tray area in the second to last photo. Lots of untreated rust. Kind of surprised he didn't address that after putting so much work into the rest of the car. Craig would be the guy to talk to.
NJ914Guy
Yes, and the tray does not look correct and is missing a hold down clamp.
Chris H.
Not to pile on but those wheels look WEIRD...
Kaduku
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 25 2013, 05:25 AM) *

Not to pile on but those wheels look WEIRD...

Lol, agree.gif

NJ914Guy
That's because the wheels are 'reproduction' EMPI fake Fuchs. BTW - car is no longer available, eBay states ended by seller. Anyone here buy it?
Mike Fitton
I am telling you those were fake bids trying to lure in a real bidder. Seller ended the auction because he didn't want to sell it to himself. Even the question was bogus. The car is a $5,000 car at best and in need of a lot of work. Does anyone here really believe it was bid up to $9,200!!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 25 2013, 07:48 PM) *

I am telling you those were fake bids trying to lure in a real bidder. Seller ended the auction because he didn't want to sell it to himself. Even the question was bogus. The car is a $5,000 car at best and in need of a lot of work. Does anyone here really believe it was bid up to $9,200!!

A sucker is born every minute! Maybe someone who has a plaid fetish?
johnpierre
wow

you guys don't hold back. ha ha. i missed almost all the points that were brought up. although right off the bat i thought it looked to shinny as well. i am intrigued by the suitcase. did porsche offer actual luggage as an option and was it in a plaid pattered. that piece had a porsche emblem on it. i have never seen a picture or heard a mention of it on this site. what is the deal?

ps sorry for the other two posts that are the same but i can't find where one deletes a post/thread. in the tips section the instructions say there is a drop down menu to the bottom right. well as you can see it is not there...
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Feb 25 2013, 07:55 PM) *

wow

you guys don't hold back. ha ha. i missed almost all the points that were brought up. although right off the bat i thought it looked to shinny as well. i am intrigued by the suitcase. did porsche offer actual luggage as an option and was it in a plaid pattered. that piece had a porsche emblem on it. i have never seen a picture or heard a mention of it on this site. what is the deal?

ps sorry for the other two posts that are the same but i can't find where one deletes a post/thread. in the tips section the instructions say there is a drop down menu to the bottom right. well as you can see it is not there...

Porsche did offer luggage but this piece was not one of them. Porsche didn't slap on an old hood badge on their luggage, it is even missing some of the enamel. Plaid color on the inside of the suitcase is yellow/blue, doesn't even match the outside color. Scroll through pictures and you will see the suitcase open and a close-up of the hood badge stuck on there.
adiokyro
well i got sucked in by this car admittedly, I actually really like the plaid seats and think the suitcase was a neat idea. BUT yes when I look at the trunk shot with the tools and pics, he put that pic together to appear super original, but its essentially a collection of junk lol!!!! its an old 914 ad, wrong tool kit and nothing else that matters. lol. I still think I wanna buy some plaid for my seats though piratenanner.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(adiokyro @ Mar 3 2013, 12:44 PM) *

well i got sucked in by this car admittedly, I actually really like the plaid seats and think the suitcase was a neat idea. BUT yes when I look at the trunk shot with the tools and pics, he put that pic together to appear super original, but its essentially a collection of junk lol!!!! its an old 914 ad, wrong tool kit and nothing else that matters. lol. I still think I wanna buy some plaid for my seats though piratenanner.gif

If you do not care about originality and you are willing to wait, you can find some great deals on upholstery cloth on e-Bay. I had my seats done in houndstooth by a local upholstery shop with upholstery that originally must have sold for over $100 per yard, but I got it for a net of $50 both seats (incl delivery).

Check out my upholstery here
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 23 2013, 10:47 PM) *

yikes.gif

EBay Listing

This car is a joke, he should take the $9,200 that is currently bid and go hide somewhere.
Fake Fuch's
Wrong tool kit.

Look at the question that was asked: Dear Justin, best 914 on Ebay in months. Might you have the engine number? Gregory

Just a simple clarification here - early 914's with the appearance group came with speakers mounted in the grills, whether a radio was ordered or not.

All else you mention is true
Kaduku
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 3 2013, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 23 2013, 10:47 PM) *

yikes.gif

EBay Listing

Fake Fuch's
Wrong tool kit.

Just a simple clarification here - early 914's with the appearance group came with speakers mounted in the grills, whether a radio was ordered or not.

All else you mention is true

I think he meant speakers installed in the door panels.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.