Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Porsche Show Off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Attended the Great Porsche Show Off in Knoxville, TN this morning. My LE was the only 914 there but two other 914 owners came out to look at the cars. I was surprised that my car drew so much attention as quite a few people stopped to check it out.
Met three other 914 owners - one has a '73 that he bought in '73 with just a few thousand miles on it. Now it sits in his garage awaiting a clutch and general maintenance as it has not been driven in quite some time. dry.gif
Another has a 914 in his garage that belongs to his son. He jokingly said he would sell it for very little just to get it out of his way happy11.gif
And the third guy has a '70 914-6. Yep, sitting in his garage. sad.gif
Oh, and there was a guy who had a 914 at one time but no longer. He brought out a 1.7 engine and a side shift transmission to sell.

The picture is near the end of the show so many of the cars had already left. There were Porsches ranging from a 356A all the way up to a new Boxster.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
billh1963
Looks like you have no trouble keeping an eye on your jackpoints! poke.gif biggrin.gif
Haudiosolutions
Was nice spending some time with some Porsche people. I fearI spread myself too thin at times with work, music, wife, etc... Tomorrow the plan is to do an oil change, cleanit and drive it. Cant wait to get rid of the 916 bumper and find a set of the abs rocker covers.
poorsche914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 23 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Looks like you have no trouble keeping an eye on your jackpoints! poke.gif biggrin.gif

Yep biggrin.gif Been on the lookout for some decent metal rocker panels but no luck so far. The parts car I just got has an aftermarket LE spoiler and fiberglass rocker panels so will install those to clean it up a bit for now.

driving.gif
poorsche914
Derrick,

I took the bumper off the euro 914 today and I have a set of raised letter style ABS rocker panels... come and get 'em biggrin.gif

driving.gif
BritCarJim
I couldnt have been there today even if i had known about it...but im still sorry to have missed it. Poorsche, we do need to get together about a muffler and a hanger...unles you have more parts i can use... :-)
poorsche914
Jim... I thought I told you about the show... sorry about that.
I guess I need to come by and see what you need. With this parts car, I should have most anything you need including the muffler and exhaust hanger we've already talked about.

driving.gif
Haudiosolutions
Brit, I may have a muffler and possibly a hanger. Welcome to them.
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Derrick,

I took the bumper off the euro 914 today and I have a set of raised letter style ABS rocker panels... come and get 'em biggrin.gif

driving.gif

I may see you tomorow! aktion035.gif
Haudiosolutions

Derrick,

driving.gif

BritCarJim
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 23 2013, 07:51 PM) *

Jim... I thought I told you about the show... sorry about that.
I guess I need to come by and see what you need. With this parts car, I should have most anything you need including the muffler and exhaust hanger we've already talked about.

driving.gif

Absolutely...when is good for you?...gonna be in town soon?

QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Feb 23 2013, 07:56 PM) *

Derrick,

driving.gif

I may see you tomorow! aktion035.gif

Not if i get them first!
matt5596
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 23 2013, 07:20 PM) *

Attended the Great Porsche Show Off in Knoxville, TN this morning. My LE was the only 914 there but two other 914 owners came out to look at the cars. I was surprised that my car drew so much attention as quite a few people stopped to check it out.
Met three other 914 owners - one has a '73 that he bought in '73 with just a few thousand miles on it. Now it sits in his garage awaiting a clutch and general maintenance as it has not been driven in quite some time. dry.gif
Another has a 914 in his garage that belongs to his son. He jokingly said he would sell it for very little just to get it out of his way happy11.gif
And the third guy has a '70 914-6. Yep, sitting in his garage. sad.gif
Oh, and there was a guy who had a 914 at one time but no longer. He brought out a 1.7 engine and a side shift transmission to sell.

The picture is near the end of the show so many of the cars had already left. There were Porsches ranging from a 356A all the way up to a new Boxster.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Where was the show? I hadn't heard about it. hissyfit.gif

Are you going to Cars and Coffee this Saturday at European Auto Garage?
poorsche914
Matt... it was at Regal Cinemas Turkey Creek. If you go to the Smoky Mtn Region's web site and check out the calendar, you can see the upcoming events.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.