Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight motor delete, GT headlight raisers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
Is there a good thread anywhere that covers removing the headlight motors, all of the related wiring, and converting over to the mechanical GT style pop-up raisers? So far, the closest thing I have seen is the set of pictures from the Orange GT build at the pbase site.

Is Mittelmotor the best place to get the GT kit from these days? I see them listed at the AA site as well. Do any of the kits come w/instructions?

I'm not really finding much from searching the site. Any help or advice from anyone who has successfully completed this conversion is appreciated.
scotty b
Search function is a wonderful thing. poke.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=109603&hl=

FWIW the AA ones are the Mittlemotors. there was an attempted group buy a couple years ago, and G-hole swept in and bought all of the kits out from under the head of the buy, then had the balls to brag about screwing the guy over in his own thread. Go straight to MM and avoid the Georgia noid dry.gif
shuie
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 24 2013, 09:05 AM) *

Search function is a wonderful thing. poke.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=109603&hl=

FWIW the AA ones are the Mittlemotors. there was an attempted group buy a couple years ago, and G-hole swept in and bought all of the kits out from under the head of the buy, then had the balls to brag about screwing the guy over in his own thread. Go straight to MM and avoid the Georgia noid dry.gif

Yep, I saw that thread and the group buy thread. I have all of those pics saved.

Is that really all of the info there is about these?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(shuie @ Feb 24 2013, 10:15 AM) *

Is that really all of the info there is about these?

We've done a couple of installs with the pbase pictures at hand, and I have a collection of pictures from our work, but to my knowledge there is no instruction set available anywhere.

One thing we developed which will be listed on my new website (if I ever find time to finish it) is a bolt on stainless steel bracket kit for attaching the gas cartridges to the inner fenders.
The purpose of the kit is to avoid welding on a finished car - to prevent the need for repaint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.