Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT I subscribe to urban daddy e-mails
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Feb 24 2013, 04:30 PM) *

McQueen drove a 917 in LeMans
ThePaintedMan
Sorry to correct you, and I *could* be wrong too, but McQueen didn't actually drive a 917 in the movie. The 917s used for filming (other than the actual race footage) were Lolas that were re-bodied as 917s. At least that's what I heard.
wingnut86
...let me go grab my definitive McQueen coffee table book out of the man cave and I'll research. Crap, wifey says I gotta finish ironing her pants 1st;-[
Pat Garvey
In the opening sequence, where the crash occurs, the cars WERE LOLA T70's reskinned as 917 AND 512. All thereafter were 917's. From what I remember, the 917 that crashed was remotely driven, with no driver.

Still, one of my fav movies. Grand Prix is there too. Both had weak story lines, but great drama.
CG-914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 24 2013, 09:16 PM) *

In the opening sequence, where the crash occurs, the cars WERE LOLA T70's reskinned as 917 AND 512. All thereafter were 917's. From what I remember, the 917 that crashed was remotely driven, with no driver.

Still, one of my fav movies. Grand Prix is there too. Both had weak story lines, but great drama.

agree.gif

But he was not allowed to drive the 917 during the race due to insurance reasons!
He had a 908 wich he raced privately...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.