Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ospo : Fisherman's Marine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Stopped by Fisherman's Marine to pickup some Ospho.
$34.99 a gallon ...............cheap.
They had 2 gallons on the shelf. Nice.

I have a spray bottle about 1/2 full at the shop.
Will I be able to put it in a garden sprayer and leave it without melting the seals and hoses?
scotty b
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 24 2013, 02:57 PM) *

Stopped by Fisherman's Marine to pickup some Ospho.
$34.99 a gallon ...............cheap.
They had 2 gallons on the shelf. Nice.

I have a spray bottle about 1/2 full at the shop.
Will I be able to put it in a garden sprayer and leave it without melting the seals and hoses?

I keep it in a spray bottle. Ben in it for several years with no issues. On the flip side, the grease and wax remover I use pre paint, will ruin a standard spray bottle in a few hours, so I'd say you should be safe in a garden sprayer
wingnut86
Walsmart has a small spray bottle in the gardening section, it's either green or pink, limited options. It's got a self-pump handle that allows you to pressurize it before use, and keeps the pressure up for a while without leaking down- ask me how I know:->

It's small and does the same as a full sized garden sprayer...
shuie
Store it on the ground away from anything you don't want it to leak on. It's pretty nasty stuff. I had a 1 gallon jug split and leak in my garage from a shelf I was storing it on last Summer. I don't know how long it took for me to notice it, but it burned a powdery divot the size of a basketball into my garage floor. I was really lucky that it missed the wife's car, my toolbox, my engines, gearboxes, and a number of other things that could have easily been under it.
cary
I store all of it in a stainless steel tub on the concrete floor.
30 * 24 * 24.

Tried a plastic tub to start with. Sprayed the motor mount and let it sit for a week. Started to melt the plastic. sad.gif sad.gif.

I'm going to use the garden sprayer to spray up the wheelhouse frame. Looking to see if I can get a Wagner sprayer with a 2 ft. nozzle to spray the Rustoleum up the wheel house to seal it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.