Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In the "For What it's Worth Catagory"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I found this hose that came with a wet vac that I bought at HD or Lowe's. Whichever one it is sells the 2 different size hoses and related accessories. I've found that those 3-5 gal wet vacs work better with the small hose so I usually shit can these larger dia hoses that come with them, by the adapter and use the 1 7/8" small hose instead. I decided to see how close this old hose was to the unobtanium OG hose and damn if it isn't tight as hell. It's an ID fit vs. an OD fit but cheap bastards don't let these things get in the way. I wouldn't use it in the engine compartment but I'll bet it's fine in this area. I'm not pursuing this as I'm going water cooled and will use this space as a conduit.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Valy
Unobtainium?!?
I got a set from Pelican Parts Las year and still have some leftovers. Drop a line if you need it.
Mike Bellis
Many VW shops have the hose too.
Jeff Hail
The only problem is you lose that Ye Old German Car Camel Hair Smell.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Feb 24 2013, 08:18 PM) *

The only problem is you lose that Ye Old German Car Camel Hair Smell.

But I love that smell. It's so period correct!
76-914
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 24 2013, 04:33 PM) *

Unobtainium?!?
I got a set from Pelican Parts Las year and still have some leftovers. Drop a line if you need it.

Thx but I won't need them. I took off some really nice paper ones. Didn't know PP sold them. Everything I had seen was A/C ducting that was a hair too big.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.