Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big day for me this Thursday...I'm feeling anxious
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
Decided the car was pretty much ready to go, so its time to get it street legal.

Thursday was the first available day for the required inspection. Everything works like it should so here's hoping. Got a Porsche friendly inspector which should help but I'm still feeling nervous.

Wish me luck.
edwin
Should be good if you have a mechanic who likes Porsches
We have it a little easier here in vic but the guy at vic roads was super interested in seeing anything that wasn't a horrible commodore or falcon and basically waved it all through
Will be easier with how neat your car is
76-914
beerchug.gif Good luck but you won't need any.
Tom_T
Best of Luck Phil!
Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
phillstek
Thanks guys......I got it through the inspection and it passed and now it's time to drive it like I stole it piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif driving.gif driving.gif beer.gif beer.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
driving.gif
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
WOOHOO piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Black22
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
speed metal army
Its always nervewracking!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
beer3.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
saigon71
Congrats! beerchug.gif
02loftsmoor

good Luck driving.gif
eric9144
cheer.gif cheer.gif
I think we are going to need a video!

Congratulations! It must be amazing to drive it after all you've put into getting it to this point! driving.gif
JStroud
Nice job, now we need some pictures. beer.gif

Jeff
phillstek
Thanks everyone. biggrin.gif

Got full comprehensive insurance and compulsory third party insurance (CTP is required by law prior to re-registration) for the car today, took all the documents down to the RTA office (same as DMV), ordered custom plates that read 914 SIX (yellow on black background to match car biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ), paid the fees and got my rego papers.

I am finally street legal. I love it when a plan comes together.

What began as a simple idea to fix a couple of small issues ended up being a complete rebuild that more than once, I was close to giving up on.

If not for the world I probably would have given up but time and again I'd come here to find out how to sort it out or get inspiration. This place is truly awesome.

The only bummer is that it's pissing down with rain here and with the R spec tyres fitted, I don't want to take it out and slide it into a pole or something.

The moment the sun comes out I will take it out for a massive thrash.

Photos and video will definitely be posted soon.

Thanks again to all.
VaccaRabite
Hey!!
pics or it didn't happen!

Great job!
But, seriously. Pics!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 1 2013, 08:54 AM) *

Hey!!
pics or it didn't happen!

Great job!
But, seriously. Pics!

Those are the rules!
76-914
Quote " that more than once, I was close to giving up on".

Those type projects are always the most satisfying and reap the greatest rewards. When I was in my 30's I decided that life is not about possessions but rather results. Congrats mate, you just had a fantastic result. Now get us those pic's before your banned. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
phillstek
Well, I don't want to be banned so a couple of pics from the first outing on the street.

3.2/915 driving impressions = biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif lots of torque from very early on. 3rd/4th gear in traffic, is a hoot. You can trundle along at 1500 put you foot in when the opportunity presents and it pulls effortlessly away instantly.

I'm already getting lots of ricers buzzing around me which is pretty annoying but to be expected. Lots of people checking it out as I go by. Not sure if I'm liking the attention but as long as it's not the cops then I shouldn't complain.

Dasnowman
Sweet build looks nice! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.