Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
If anybody could send me the measurements for the rocker panels Id appreciate it. I am going to fab my own since mine are missing. Also, from what I thought I knew (this is my first 914) 914s had dual carbs. Mine doesnt have a place for two. Just the frour pipes running straight to the center with a rectangle flat metal piece i am assuming for mounting the carb. Is one normal? What carb do I need? This is a 72 1.7 or 1.8 L btw. Also, where do I put fuel into this thing? I looked and looked for where I would fill but cannot find anything!
SirAndy
QUOTE(doug.forbes@ffgp.in @ Feb 25 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Also, from what I thought I knew (this is my first 914) 914s had dual carbs.

Nope. All USA four cylinder 914s had electronic fuel injection!
What you see in the center is the intake plenum for the FI.

Dual (and single) carbs are all aftermarket.
popcorn[1].gif

PS: welcome.png
SirAndy
Also, where do I put fuel into this thing? I looked and looked for where I would fill but cannot find anything!

Open the front trunk ...
biggrin.gif
Teknon
No 914/4 ever came with carbs. If it is a 1.7 it had D-Jet fuel injection.If it is a 1.8 it had L-Jet fuel injection.
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 25 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Also, where do I put fuel into this thing? I looked and looked for where I would fill but cannot find anything!

Open the front trunk ...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, we looked, I think whatever should be there is missing so Im not seeing it...or as my mother use to say...if it was a snake it would have bitten me. Do you have a photo of the plenum sttached to the center? It would help if I could see what should be there. Same with the gask filler.
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
QUOTE(Teknon @ Feb 25 2013, 04:09 PM) *

No 914/4 ever came with carbs. If it is a 1.7 it had D-Jet fuel injection.If it is a 1.8 it had L-Jet fuel injection.

Do you have a photo of it on the car so I know what I should have?
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Teknon @ Feb 25 2013, 02:09 PM) *

There was a Euro 1.8 that came with dual carbs.
SirAndy
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 25 2013, 02:31 PM) *

That's why i said USA in my post ...
rolleyes.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 25 2013, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 25 2013, 02:31 PM) *

That's why i said USA in my post ...
rolleyes.gif

I didn't respond to yours, but Teknons. I saw what you wrote. Seemed like he was making a more emphatic statement. "No 914/4 ever" was what he wrote.
SirAndy
QUOTE(doug.forbes@ffgp.in @ Feb 25 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Do you have a photo of it on the car so I know what I should have?

More pictures than you will ever need:

Front trunk:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=55355

Engine Bay:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=57169

driving.gif
SirAndy
Front trunk with gastank and filler cap:

IPB Image
SirAndy
'72 1.7L with air filter on top of the FI intake plenum:

IPB Image
CMONNETT
What side of town are you on? I could come by and see what you have, and let you know what's missing or what you need. I've got a bunch of spares. Let me know if you need help. It's always nice to know there's another 914 in town.

Chris
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Feb 25 2013, 08:05 PM) *

What side of town are you on? I could come by and see what you have, and let you know what's missing or what you need. I've got a bunch of spares. Let me know if you need help. It's always nice to know there's another 914 in town.

Chris

I'm in the universal city area. Shoot me a text I could use the help and spares. 2107725522
type47
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 25 2013, 02:07 PM) *

What you see in the center is the intake plenum for the FI.

Possibly could also be the mount for the single carb? Need pix ...
CMONNETT
QUOTE(doug.forbes@ffgp.in @ Feb 25 2013, 10:33 PM) *

Chris

I'm in the universal city area. Shoot me a text I could use the help and spares. 2107725522

Same here, I'll be able to swing by one night this week or possibly Saturday. I'll send you a text when I know for sure.

Chris
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Feb 26 2013, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(doug.forbes@ffgp.in @ Feb 25 2013, 10:33 PM) *

Chris

Same here, I'll be able to swing by one night this week or possibly Saturday. I'll send you a text when I know for sure.

Chris

Sounds good. Saturday Ill be sandblasting it so perfect day to stop by!
Woody
I've got some rocker panels somewhere you can have. There in good shape. I'll look around the garage tonight for them. I'm also in San Antonio.
doug.forbes@ffgp.in
QUOTE(Woody @ Feb 27 2013, 10:32 AM) *

I've got some rocker panels somewhere you can have. There in good shape. I'll look around the garage tonight for them. I'm also in San Antonio.

Awesome! I appreciate it. Shoot me a text anytime. 2107725522
blitZ
It might be easier if you post pictures of what you have so the gallery can rag on you assist you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.