Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center console -- the part between the two seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ScoopLV
My first 914 had the third seatbelt, and other than one time I took two girls for a ride, it never got used.

Fast forward to today, my wife isn't going to let me take two girls for a ride, so I don't need to worry about the luxurious "third seat."

What I want is basically the rear half of the AMCO center console. I already have the factory center console -- and I'm considering removing it entirely for more leg room.

IPB Image

This would give me an arm rest, and a place to stow the GPS unit, etc.

Seems to me, this wouldn't be hard to build. (Baltic birch plywood, a roundover bit on my router, and some foam material for cushioning.) But where could I score the vinyl? The main goal is the arm rest. I like an arm rest on long trips.
worn
QUOTE(ScoopLV @ Feb 26 2013, 01:32 PM) *

My first 914 had the third seatbelt, and other than one time I took two girls for a ride, it never got used.

Fast forward to today, my wife isn't going to let me take two girls for a ride, so I don't need to worry about the luxurious "third seat."

What I want is basically the rear half of the AMCO center console. I already have the factory center console -- and I'm considering removing it entirely for more leg room.

IPB Image

This would give me an arm rest, and a place to stow the GPS unit, etc.

Seems to me, this wouldn't be hard to build. (Baltic birch plywood, a roundover bit on my router, and some foam material for cushioning.) But where could I score the vinyl? The main goal is the arm rest. I like an arm rest on long trips.

I agree. Shouldn't be that hard and I doubt you would really need to spring for the baltic birch if you didn't want to. I think if you have a black interior, and fabric store could set you up with something that looks pretty good. The original appears to be slightly grained, not basket weave. IMHO the interiors on most 914s look kind of cheap even when like new, so you might find an easy match. Main worry would be resistance to sun.
JmuRiz
I made a speaker housing where mine was, up-firing pair of 3.5", sound goes right up to your inside ear. Having said that, I usually don't have the radio on and listen for squeeks and issues biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.