Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early front "nose" panel -FOUND
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hello All:

I am looking for a NOS (I know...) or excellent condition front panel to replace the replacement panel on my Six.

See picture of what I want:

Click to view attachment

Scotty has to remove my existing panel as it was installed not quite up to standards and has two big holes cut into it from my oil cooling system. So since it will have to be removed and it would have needed repair anyway, now is the perfect time to source and fit a correct panel to my car.

If you happen to have one sitting in your parts stash that you wish to sell, please let me know. Thanks to all for looking.
Michael
gms
wow that look familiar biggrin.gif
I am happy to see you are going to use a correct panel
Cairo94507
To be honest, I knew my panel was a replacement panel, but until I saw the actual difference, as pointed out by sixnotfour, I had not noticed it sad.gif because I never really looked in the front trunk after I purchased the car screwy.gif .

So once I knew the difference it was a no brainer smile.gif especially considering the front end was coming off the car anyway.
914Sixer
The picture is of 70-71 front panel. They are unique with the little ends at the box section. 73-74 had square indentions for the rubber pad for the 5 mph bumper in that location.
Cairo94507
Yup- Thanks.
GaroldShaffer
How soon are you needing the panel? I have a 70 parts car that will be going under the knife in a few weeks, well that is the plan anyway. I haven't taken the bumper off yet to see how the front panel is, but the trunk looks good so I assume, I know never assume, that the panle would be good also.
Cairo94507
Garold - Hey that might work out if the panel is clean. Let me know.
Thanks,
Michael
Cairo94507
I am still in the hunt for a clean early front panel for my car. Come on....some one has one sitting in their yard or shop collecting dust.
Cairo94507
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
did you ask George H?
Cairo94507
No.....maybe I should. I'm just afraid if he has one it might be really really really really expensive. I will call today.
914itis
Good Luck! you need a lot of that and prayers.
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif sheeplove.gif
sixnotfour
I bet if he has one , It is just like the one you already have, late style.
tradisrad
Give Rich a call at High Performance House in Redwood City. 650-364-6234
Cairo94507
OK, found and purchased a nice used panel for my car. Brad Mayeur at 914 LIMITED, INC. was nice enough to cut the front off of one of his cars. It will be put on a pallet and shipped to VA for Scott to work his magic on next week.

A BIG thanks to Brad for working with me on this. Great guy and very easy to deal with. first.gif
OmaPossu
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 22 2013, 10:50 PM) *

A BIG thanks to Brad for working with me on this. Great guy and very easy to deal with. first.gif

Yes he is! He did same to me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.