Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a curiosity question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BritCarJim
i know the story about the development of the teener and the badging in europe. the guy i got the car from called it a "euro-badge" car and thought that it might be worth more for that. i know that it isn't worth any more, but i do wonder about the badge. was this an option that got ordered? is the more common rear treatment the option? the lights and such on my car do not suggest that it really is a european car, so, what gives? just wondering.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Came on all Euro 914-4's. Don't mean yours is. Look to see if you have front side marker lenses. check inside the fenders too.
ConeDodger
US spec lights. Someone bought a badge...
BritCarJim
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 1 2013, 12:06 AM) *

US spec lights. Someone bought a badge...

thats what i figured.
'73-914kid
If you don't like it, I'll gladly buy it from you... biggrin.gif
BritCarJim
no, thats all right. i don't mind it, i just wondered what it meant. (like, that somebody bought a badge.)
poorsche914
Hey, Jim... does your 914 have a VIN plate on the A pillar?

I have a "euro" 914 - no A pillar VIN, GB engine, euro driving lights, km speedo, etc - but has side marker lights (mounted a bit low) and the bumpers have holes drilled for the tits but they, too, are in the wrong place. Also, had a VW-Porsche badge on the rear but the VW part is missing. Looks like that area got hit and the badge broke. dry.gif

driving.gif
jasons
Curious.... Did they have the impact bumpers in Europe?
r_towle
It looks like that car has already been re-painted at some point.

I believe Auto Atlanta sells that badge as a repro.

rich
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(jasons @ Mar 1 2013, 05:38 PM) *

Curious.... Did they have the impact bumpers in Europe?

Sort of. They had a metal frame and the black rubber covers, but they didn't have the really heavy beam and the "shock absorbers" that mount the beam to the chassis.

--DD
BritCarJim
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 1 2013, 06:11 PM) *

Hey, Jim... does your 914 have a VIN plate on the A pillar?

I have a "euro" 914 - no A pillar VIN, GB engine, euro driving lights, km speedo, etc - but has side marker lights (mounted a bit low) and the bumpers have holes drilled for the tits but they, too, are in the wrong place. Also, had a VW-Porsche badge on the rear but the VW part is missing. Looks like that area got hit and the badge broke. dry.gif

driving.gif

I'm not going out there to look under the cover in this weather, but if thats the same plate i was out there peering at in the rain looking for a color code last month, then yes, it has an A pillar VIN plate on the DS. i bet somebody bought a badge. no biggie, i just wondered.

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 1 2013, 08:58 PM) *

It looks like that car has already been re-painted at some point.

I believe Auto Atlanta sells that badge as a repro.

rich

yeah, i know at least most of the front has been re-painted so, why not assume the back has had work as well. thats allright. if it was too perfect or too original then i'd be leary of working on it myself. since its been pretty well FUBARed, its no big deal for me to toss in as well.

jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.