Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine drop issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
How do I separate the cv joints from the trans stubs. I have removed the bolts but I can't get the pieces apart. Thanks, Mark
Mike Bellis
Whack the side of the CV with a hammer. The dowel pins are stuck or rusted in place.
Nine_14
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 2 2013, 09:22 PM) *

How do I separate the cv joints from the trans stubs. I have removed the bolts but I can't get the pieces apart. Thanks, Mark

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 2 2013, 12:26 PM) *
Whack the side of the CV with a hammer. The dowel pins are stuck or rusted in place.

agree.gif Rubber mallet is usually enough ...
cary
Ditto ...........rubber mallet or dead blow hammer.
No screwdrivers ...................
Dave_Darling
If there is a gasket between the flange and the CV joint, you can use a screwdriver on the gasket itself. Be careful is not to mar the mating surfaces if you go that route.

--DD
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 2 2013, 08:18 PM) *

If there is a gasket between the flange and the CV joint, you can use a screwdriver on the gasket itself. Be careful is not to mar the mating surfaces if you go that route.

--DD

A stubby, cheap plastic knife will work too. Break the gaskey seal & roll the knife around 360. Plastic/rubber headed mallet will finish the break. Messy, but what isn't?
mepstein
got it. thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.