Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POSTER HEAVEN...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
just got back from the LIT show. always fun looking at memorabilia and car stuff. struck out on any good books for 914's, but found factory porsche race posters from 60's and 70's WOW the cheapest one that i wanted was $450, crap. rather spend it on the 14. so i bought some little repro's instead (fine for now). one guy had the mother load. must of been $25,000 + worth of great condition posters. some of them were just so f'n cool, yet another thing to put on the list if i win the lotto. funny bit of info. talked to vendor about the badges on the back body work (i need them) and mentioned that i removed the 911 reflector from the 14 (bought the car that way). he asked what i did with it, and i said quite innocently "i threw that hunk of s..t out, paint was all messed up on the back, sides had been cut down" he asked why i took it off and i told him b/c it says PORSCHE already on the sides (stickers which i really like), on the engine grill and there is a badge on the hood not to meniton going to get a nardi wheel and it will be on the horn. so it seems a little over kill. he then told me i just through away 100 bucks. OOPS... oh well, lesson learned. lol. time for some gardening...
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
johnpierre
ok here goes

one of these was 2000+ dollars i think the 911S one. these were all in perfect shape.
johnpierre
these next two were the era and style that i was after. everyone i looked at was 350 and over. in fact most of the one's that i liked were all over 700 = WTF
don't know why it is loading it sideways - frustrating
johnpierre
last one...
johnpierre
here are a couple of cheapies (18x12 repro's) that i got. ok i think i found away around the stupid loading of the picture on its side. fingers crossed. ---success. now just for the record if i wanted to own the read deal minimum 2400 dollars, holly shit. the guy that i mentioned had the mother load, the 25k worth for posters had everyone of these or so it seemed from what i could remember.
914outlaw
Did the guy mention a website or ebay store of where he sells them online?
carr914
The guy had push pins through Vintage Posters? screwy.gif That is stupid and he devalued them significantly
EdwardBlume
We need to start making posters.... But I'm not sure what we would be advertising.
JmuRiz
Man, they had the green/blue 356 steering wheel poster...I've been looking for that one!
johnpierre
QUOTE(dpires914 @ Mar 3 2013, 03:47 AM) *

Did the guy mention a website or ebay store of where he sells them online?

i got his card here is the info:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.